Foreign Women "Jumping" in Thailand.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Foreign Women "Jumping" in Thailand.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Two foreign women died last Saturday after falling from high buildings.
A German woman jumped to her death on Saturday in Bangkok. It seems that she committed suicide while under the influence of alcohol. Very sad, but unfortunately these things happen. RIP.
http://www.chiangraitimes.com/57-year-o ... ngkok.html
More strangely, the same day in Chiang Mai a Dutch woman allegedly jumped off a multi-story car park to her death, after first removing her bra.
A 26-year-old Dutch woman died in unusual circumstances on Saturday evening after she succumbed to injuries sustained jumping from the fifth floor of a car park in Chiang Mai.

Nouschka Kuus was found by police and rescue volunteers just after 5pm in a serious condition on the ground below a car park close to the Chiangmai Grandview Hotel & Convention Center where she had been attending a sales presentation with a Thai friend.

She was rushed to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital where she died a short time later despite the best efforts of medical staff to save her.

Police questioned Gridima Limsiri, the Thai friend who had been in the company of Ms Kuus all afternoon, who told investigators the pair had been at a presentation for the marketing company Unicity at the hotel with both leaving together at around 4pm.

They headed to the car park to pick up the car for the drive home but had forgotten which level it was parked with Ms Limsiri leaving her friend on the fifth floor while she went in search of the car.

When she returned a short time later to pick up Ms Kuus she told officers she had disappeared and was nowhere to be found leading her to call a friend at the hotel for help who soon found the injured woman on the road below the car park...
https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/26 ... park-jump/
I say "allegedly" because I can't get my head around the idea of someone in her circumstances - was with a friend, had just attended a sales promotion, it was 5pm, she was supposed to be looking for her car, wasn't under the influence of drink or drugs, yet she removed her underwear - would commit suicide just like that. The woman saw her fiance the night before, who said she was completely normal, not stressed or depressed.
It feels a bit evil to speculate here, but if she was attacked then the police should be looking for her attacker, not classing this as suicide. The police would undoubtedly prefer a verdict of suicide, but if nobody actually saw her jump, it feels wrong to me to just assume that she killed herself. Very tragic either way, of course, but if she was a friend of mine, I would want to know what happened. If someone saw her jump, then I take that back, I don't want to be hurtful here. Just seems "off" from the reports so far .