OTC narcotic pain medication

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
alexjack7
Tourist

OTC narcotic pain medication

Post by alexjack7 »

Okee doklee, any "on the ground" assistance/experience would greatly be appreciated. Will be coming to Cambodia shortly, and my prescription (s) for pain medication will undoobetly run out. I seem to be running into conflicting info on the general Intranetz (June 2016) about the availability of hydrocodone/oxycodone and/or similar.
Conflicting info would lead me to believe that things may be "changing", if that may be an accurate read, what might it mean for someone to anticipate....More documents from home country? MD visit in Cambodia....

Muchas gracias
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: OTC narcotic pain medication

Post by Anchor Moy »

Here maybe : https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/ask-the ... t7772.html

Funnily enough it's a question that a lot of people ask before they come to cambodia - can I get, what can I get etc. There should be a few threads here about what you can or cannot buy if you do a search. :Search:
alexjack7
Tourist

Post by alexjack7 »

Thank you much. I had not looked (correctly) and that bit helped. Matter of fact it all helps, difference of making the journey or not.
Thanks again.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

As far as I know Oxycontin isn't widely available here. It's easy to get in Thailand, you should think about going there instead.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

dicodin in many pharmacies. many anecdotes of morphine sulphate OTC but my own pain has never required me to purchase.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

You can buy Tramadol in any pharmacy.

Works well whenever I need something strong.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes it does, it is not a narcotic though, and ppl who use narcotics regularly have a tendency to need that same medicine regularly.
:-)

I warned my Mother abt the Oxy, and she said oh no the doctor prescribed it.
LOL, pretty soon she was shocked to discover she had a habit.
She got rid of that dam quick LOL.
Lex
Expatriate

Post by Lex »

I asked U-care and De La Gare for hydrocodone and neither had it.

U-care gave me what I guess was Dihydrocodeine but I wouldn't recommend it. I found it to be pretty nauseating.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic