Did someone die at MadMonkey (PP) last night?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Did someone die at MadMonkey (PP) last night?

Post by IraHayes »

From FB
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Did someone die at MadMonkey (PP) last night?

Post by frank lee bent »

Tragic! just 26! It is pitiful to see what happens to these kids. I wish someone would warn them.
His name is Ira Erwin Tilley.
Condolences and heartfelt sympathy for the family
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The British Man Found Dead On The Bed At The Mad Monkey Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, according to Arey News, around 1 and 30 pm on 21 June 2016, a British man was found dead on bed number 5 at The Mad Monkey hostel located in BKK1, Chamkarmon district, Phnom Penh. Police went to the scene to check the body, but couldn’t explain the cause of the death.

The deceased named Ira Ewan Tilley, British, 26 years old.

The owner of the hostel went to see him in the room after he wasn’t seen getting up after he had been sleeping for so long. So, when the owner went to see him, he was found dead on the bed. Police was alerted about the case by the owner of the hostel and had done three hours examination afterward. After the examination, the police announced that heart attack was the cause of the death. The body is currently being kept at Khmer-Soviet hospital.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Wonder what the cause of death was ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

jaynewcastle wrote:Wonder what the cause of death was ?
A guy staying at the same place has posted OTOF that it was an OD. RIP.

Seems like a lot are dying in PP these days. Too many kids,too many ODs. Bloody shame.
Nothing much can be done about it except to warn people, but not sure they want to listen.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Another sad day for the family "back home." A shocking number of youngsters (and a few oldsters) are dying in their GH beds.

But you know what, it's happening back home, too, even with the vast amount of info available on the street and in social media about the dangers of drugs and their unknown quality and sources.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

If they choose to take drugs, then I have no sympathy for them at all. Just feel sorry for the familys
Corner26
Tourist

Post by Corner26 »

Ira was an extremely dear friend of mine and my partners'. My fiancé spoke to him everyday whilst Ira was on his travels and was having the most amaIzng time and met the most amazing people. If you have any negative comments about how he died you should keep them to yourself as his family and friends are finding it hard enough as it is.. Let along with insensitive arseholes who don't even know him commenting saying they have 'no sympathy'. It is disgusting you could be so disrespectful, to hundreds of his family members and friends.. Ira was not merely a '26 year old British man'.. He was our life, our best friend, our colleague and our rock. Just imagine if it happened to someone who meant so much to you. Imagine if his poor mother saw your nasty comments. I hope this puts your 'non sympathy' for Ira into perspective because he was absolutely one in a billion and you have absolutely no right to be such an absolute nob.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Agreed
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Corner26 wrote:Ira was an extremely dear friend of mine and my partners'. My fiancé spoke to him everyday whilst Ira was on his travels and was having the most amaIzng time and met the most amazing people. If you have any negative comments about how he died you should keep them to yourself as his family and friends are finding it hard enough as it is.. Let along with insensitive arseholes who don't even know him commenting saying they have 'no sympathy'. It is disgusting you could be so disrespectful, to hundreds of his family members and friends.. Ira was not merely a '26 year old British man'.. He was our life, our best friend, our colleague and our rock. Just imagine if it happened to someone who meant so much to you. Imagine if his poor mother saw your nasty comments. I hope this puts your 'non sympathy' for Ira into perspective because he was absolutely one in a billion and you have absolutely no right to be such an absolute nob.
yes agreed but the posters here have seen too much similiarity in these deaths so you have to take into consideration what they are saying, i agreed that you and your family are grieving but just know this at the back of your head this might be what happened.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic