bar etiquette

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
bolueeleh
Expatriate

bar etiquette

Post by bolueeleh »

just a general question, on what to do and not to do at the bar, first up

is it ok to butt slap another hostess while she is talking to another customer who is a complete stranger to you?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: bar etiquette

Post by kiwiincambodia »

bolueeleh wrote:just a general question, on what to do and not to do at the bar, first up

is it ok to butt slap another hostess while she is talking to another customer who is a complete stranger to you?
I think it's a dick move but still allowable, especially if you have past history with said hostess. If you have never had history with said hostess I would say you should not.

I used to love saying to guys with hostesses, ''You will love her mate, she's great fun'', the look on their face can be priceless. Its amazing how so many people think they are the first ones to ever shag a hostess.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bolueeleh wrote:just a general question, on what to do and not to do at the bar, first up

If your happy to risk a smack in the face - no problem. :D
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Kuroneko wrote:

Would someone really get violent because someone touched ''their'' hostess?

Once I was eating breakfast in a pub in Bangkok and 2 guys were arguing about the other stealing ''their girl''. I could not believe these 2 grown men (yes they were English :D ) having a very public dispute about a prostitute. When they started throwing punches because of it and basically told each other they weren't friends anymore and would go their separate ways for the rest of their holiday, I lost it.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:

Would someone really get violent because someone touched ''their'' hostess?
as most know i know/friends with, a lot of girls in the bars and the amount of times blokes will get jealous/butthurt when "their hostess" comes up and starts speaking with me, i find it hilarious
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:

I think it's a dick move but still allowable, especially if you have past history with said hostess. If you have never had history with said hostess I would say you should not.

I used to love saying to guys with hostesses, ''You will love her mate, she's great fun'', the look on their face can be priceless. Its amazing how so many people think they are the first ones to ever shag a hostess.
hahahahahah :plus1: so true as well hahahhaah
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

I think I experienced bad bar owners etiquette last night. A bar I go in every week for food and drink gave me a torn $20 bill in my change on Saturday night and refused to take it back Sunday night when I wanted to pay my bill which is always $10 or more on every visit I make to that bar. Also on the Saturday when I gave them the $100 bill I realized there was an ATM next door and I offered to pop outside and withdraw a twenty to make life easy for them but they ignored my offer and changed the 100 with a 1 fifty and 2 20s one of which was torn. Last week when I was in the bar another regular customer named Chris from Connecticut also paid with a hundred and got what he called 2 disputable $20 bills and asked the owner to change them and he did and then said he would get rid of them over the bar next time. I know I should have checked it at the time but I always got along well with everyone in the bar and I've never caused them any trouble , just sit at the bar ,eat , drink and mind my own business. Needless to say I shall not return because there are many bars I can eat , drink and mind my own business in. I know they did nothing wrong I just think its poor form to piss one of their regular customers(whom I'm told is a bloke de la top as they say in gay Paris) off when they could have just offloaded it to a tourist they will never probably see again. Oh I nearly forgot , the bar is called Shooters on riverside.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

That's why I like my little local ATM bank card, gives me fresh and crisp 10 dollar bills every time, and zero fees on any amount.

Oh, and slap a hostess behind? How rude. :evil:
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Like I said . I offered to go to my little local ATM for a fresh and crispy smaller bill but they ignored me. As for slapping a hostess on the arse , Micmac take it away please.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Once I was eating breakfast in a pub in Bangkok and 2 guys were arguing about the other stealing ''their girl''. I could not believe these 2 grown men (yes they were English :D ) having a very public dispute about a prostitute. When they started throwing punches because of it and basically told each other they weren't friends anymore and would go their separate ways for the rest of their holiday, I lost it.
A couple of years ago front office called to to the lobby as there was trouble. As I get there, there are two French guys beating the crap out of each other and screaming how one had "stolen" the other one's hooker..... Now this was not some flop-house I was working in, but a 5-star hotel.

If I were so inclined to bring a hooker to the hotel, I would keep a very low profile and not duck it out in front of dozens of guests and staff. Real class.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic