A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville:

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I was down at the beach last night to see what is building and what is being torn down. I stopped in the Kong Bar to give them another chance after getting many shitty drinks there with little alcohol. (and hear the guy playing music.) I walked in and told a girl I wanted a ' Tequila Sunrise." She didn't understand (nothing unusual in that), and a girl came from the bar that spoke fair English. I told her I wanted a "Tequila Sunrise, you know orange juice and Tequila with ice." She said yes and went to the bar. A while later she walked over with a shot of Tequila and one small slice of lime. I told her that's not what I ordered, this has happened before and told he about the shitty drinks I had gotten there before and wouldn't be back. So much for giving a business another chance.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Perhaps you expect too much ?

Just order a beer next time, I'm sure they'll get it right :)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I wouldn't be to sure about that either. I won't go back anyway. Don't really care for the place, but stopped once in a while to listen to the guy on guitar.
venusianhart
Expatriate

Re: RE: A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville

Post by venusianhart »

Sailorman wrote:Since the Freedom/Freelance bar closed down in Sihanoukville ,there isn't really anywhere for the poor freelance girls to go to ply their trade. I don't get down to the beach much, but last time I took a tour of it, there were very few in the freelance trade and Victory Hill is just grim. You would think some smart bar owner would put a sign out front of his bar in English and Khmer, " 8:30pm to 10:30pm first draft beer free to girls," and hand out flyers in English and Khmer. You bring in the girls (to play pool of course) and the single guys follow. Guess no bar owner here did college as a business major. It would seem like a gold mine waiting to happen. Charley Harper's bar would be ideal, but that's a whole other story/tread.
Well yes; that's why they opened or buy a bar here. Rather than say Singapore, where they'd retire covered in cash, super hot gash and glory.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk
venusianhart
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville

Post by venusianhart »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Image
Carl, he's an unconscious comic genius!

venusianhart
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: A Gold Mine/Freelancers Sihanoukville

Post by venusianhart »

Sailorman wrote:I was down at the beach last night to see what is building and what is being torn down. I stopped in the Kong Bar to give them another chance after getting many shitty drinks there with little alcohol. (and hear the guy playing music.) I walked in and told a girl I wanted a ' Tequila Sunrise." She didn't understand (nothing unusual in that), and a girl came from the bar that spoke fair English. I told her I wanted a "Tequila Sunrise, you know orange juice and Tequila with ice." She said yes and went to the bar. A while later she walked over with a shot of Tequila and one small slice of lime. I told her that's not what I ordered, this has happened before and told he about the shitty drinks I had gotten there before and wouldn't be back. So much for giving a business another chance.
They thought you were requesting the guitar man play the Eagles classic.
Just as well you didn't get into George Thorogood covers, that could be an expensive mistake.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic