Foreign Scammer Couple Arrested.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreign Scammer Couple Arrested.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Not a particularly useful article since it doesn't say precisely what the scam was, but here they are :
ImageImage
At 11am on the morning of June 12 Pattaya police announced the arrest and detention of the “Arab” couple they have been looking for after a tour guide was conned out of 7000 baht in Pratumnak on May 15.

Forty-four year old Turkish born Polat Ibrahim and a forty-five year old Iranian woman, Ms Sadena Geravandeh Hamedani, were detained with cash made up of twenty different currencies. A black Honda PCX motorcycle was also confiscated.

After receiving many complaints from Chinese, Indian and Korean nationals, who were all tricked into handing over cash in a similar fashion to the Thai tour guide, officers were able to identify the scammers thanks to CCTV footage at several locations.

Arrest warrants were issued and a team was sent to the Amazon Condominium at Soi Boonkanjanaram 5 near Jomtian Beach. At that moment the pair appeared in the parking lot and two of the victims, who had joined officers, were able to positively identify them.

The couple fiercely denied all accusations, although officers then discovered that Mr Ibrahim had been in Thailand since January 20, 2014 and his visa expired on February 8, 2014. Ms Hamedani entered the country on March 30, 2016 and her visa ran out on May 28, 2016...
http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2252 ... -arrested/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Foreign Scammer Couple Arrested.

Post by bolueeleh »

went to istanbul few years back, was shopping when suddenly was approached by a middle couple and their 3 children, started chatting with me and asked me where i'm from, i said i'm from singapore, they said they never been to singapore and asked to see my singapore currency, he proceeded to open his big fat wallet and show me his stack of USD and said he never had singapore currency before meanwhile his children each was holding up 2 t shirts and started forming a mini changing room around me.

i told him my singapore currency in singapore bank and he can see it in singapore and walked out of the "changing room" :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic