A Female Australian Tourist Was Hit by A Drunken Cambodian Man

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Battambang: According to Kampuche Thmey Daily News, According to Kampuche Thmey Daily News, a suspect man was violently intentionally attacking a female Australian woman which caused her seriously injured. He was arrested later after police have been searching for him for four days. He escaped his village since the incident happened.

Police said, on 08 June 2016, around 10 pm at a rented house located in group 1, Romchek 1 village, Rathanak commune, Battambang city, there was a violent happened in Battambang city where an unidentified drunken man attacked a 59 years old Australian woman named Diana Tomsan? who stay at the mentioned rented house. She was injured on her left eye and cut on her arms and legs.

After police received a complaint from the victim, police opened an investigation to look for the suspect. On 12 June 2016, the suspect showed up at his house located in group 2, Rumchek 2 village, Rathanak commune, Battambang city. Then, police arrested him at his house.

The suspect is a 22 years old man named Ngean Chamreoun. The suspect was sent to the provincial police station for further legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: A Female Australian Tourist Was Hit by A Drunken Cambodian Man

Post by General Mackevili »

They found him 4 days later? That's impressive.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

In Battambang everybody knows what everyone else is doing, so if this guy disappeared from his home, people would talk about it, and perhaps someone mentions an old lady getting beaten up by a guy... I'm guessing that's what happened, rather than Sherlock Holmes.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Battambang Man Charged for Punching Australian Woman

by Phan Soumy | June 14, 2016

A man who punched an Australian woman in Battambang City last week after she drunkenly hit him with her motorbike was charged with intentional violence on Monday, a police official said.

Nhan Chamroeun, 22, was walking along a road in the Ratanak commune on Wednesday night when Diana Thompson, a 59-year-old English teacher, collided with him on her way home from a restaurant, according to city police chief Pang Heang.

An argument ensued and Mr. Chamroeun became violent, he said, adding that both were intoxicated at the time.

“He punched her in the eye and she managed to hit him in the testicles and then he fled the scene,” he said. “Her left eye was swollen, with a black bruise.” Mr. Heang said.

full story.....https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/batt ... an-114095/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Battambang Man Charged for Punching Australian Woman

by Phan Soumy | June 14, 2016

A man who punched an Australian woman in Battambang City last week after she drunkenly hit him with her motorbike was charged with intentional violence on Monday, a police official said.

Nhan Chamroeun, 22, was walking along a road in the Ratanak commune on Wednesday night when Diana Thompson, a 59-year-old English teacher, collided with him on her way home from a restaurant, according to city police chief Pang Heang.

An argument ensued and Mr. Chamroeun became violent, he said, adding that both were intoxicated at the time.

“He punched her in the eye and she managed to hit him in the testicles and then he fled the scene,” he said. “Her left eye was swollen, with a black bruise.” Mr. Heang said.

full story.....https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/batt ... an-114095/

Now there is a school teacher that does not know how to use a pen or pencil. Had she stabbed him in the eye, or both eyes, he would stayed at the scene of the crime, crying like a baby.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sandal Led Police to Battambang Attacker

by Colin Meyn and Phan Soumy | June 15, 2016

An Australian woman who was assaulted in Battambang City last week said that a police account—which claimed that she had drunkenly driven into her attacker—was false, adding that the suspect was identified because he was wearing one of her flip-flops.

City police chief Pang Heang said on Monday that Diana Thompson, 59, was driving home from a bar on Wednesday last week when she collided with Nhan Chamroeun, 22, who proceeded to punch her in the face following a verbal argument.

However, Ms. Thompson said on Tuesday that she was sober and attempting to unlock the gate to her house when Mr. Chamroeun emerged from the darkness and attempted to steal a bag she was carrying.

“When he realized I wasn’t going to let him take my bag, he threw me to the ground and dragged me by the hair along the road, scraping my arms and legs. He started kicking my head and my body,” she said, adding that her screaming was drowned out by machinery at an ice factory next door.

“In the struggle, both of his flip-flops came off. When I kicked him in the balls and he let go [of me], a moto appeared down the lane, and that’s when he realized the gig was up,” she said.

Ms. Thompson—an English teacher who said she had only been drinking water while hosting a trivia quiz at a local guesthouse on the evening of the attack—added that Mr. Chamroeun grabbed two flip-flops before he ran away, one of his and one of hers.

“When [the police] found him on Sunday, he was still wearing them—one of his and one of mine,” she said.

Full story.....https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/sand ... er-114140/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mr. Heang, the police chief, admitted on Tuesday that his version of events was based on the answers given by Mr. Chamroeun under questioning, as he had not reviewed the entire case file, including Ms. Thompson’s side of the story.
The revision of that story is really funny, and not so funny. To cut some slack for Khmer journalists, it's not always their fault if some of their stories are misleading or totally wrong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic