What do you do with your 100r notes ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: What do you do with your 100r notes ?

Post by cptrelentless »

I too use five of them instead of 500r. I'll hand over a maximum of ten for small purchases or if my daughter wants chewing gum I'll dump them on her. The baby likes ripping up paper things and digging in my wallet so some go on his entertainment. Otherwise he grabs 50s and flaps them about.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Samouth wrote:Image

I save them in my drawer and when i have enough for two cokes, i spend them.
They look like executive 100's. Are you an executive?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Luckily I never handle such items.
Do you chaps have no staff?
These things should be entered in your books, and chits issued against expenditures.
A decent accounting system is the heart of a happy home for the master and his staff.
Monthly reconciliation and any deficits made good from staff salaries.
I wonder how you all get on in your seemingly promiscuous lifestyle.
Try and set a good example for the natives.
It is our duty.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Received a 50 riel note as change a couple days ago, 1st time I've ever seen one, thankfully they're not too common.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Received a 50 riel note as change a couple days ago, 1st time I've ever seen one, thankfully they're not too common.
There was heaps of them around maybe 4 - 5 years ago then they seemed to disappear around the same time the new (latest) 100 Riel notes came out.

They were even more annoying than the 100's you could not get rid of them anywhere, I remember making them into bundles to equal $1 with some 100s as well and gave them to the beggars along that road that leads to the zoo, most of the ''beggars'' wouldn't even take them.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Gee, I have no master, no staff and the locals could care less about my bookkeeping system. And as for "I wonder how you all get on in your seemingly promiscuous lifestyle." not only does it not seem promiscuous, it isn't. Were it so however, I doubt that the careful tracking of 100 riel notes would help subsidise it.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i have shit loads in my room here and my room in england, i just stack them up under where i burn my incense for the buddha, theyre good because they have pictures of the buddha on them, i palmed a load off yesterday at a street side vendor,
i also had some cunt at the supermarket give me 9000r change in 500's + 100's i nearly drop kicked him in the throat, awkward cunt
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I always keep it for parking or sometimes give them to my niece. But once when my mum went to pagoda but when forgot to exchange money then I collected all my 100 riel note then It was 6000 riel. I realized I wasted money because I didn't save 100 riel notes.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
JanKrohn
Expatriate
Germany

Post by JanKrohn »

We have a money changer near our place who also sells coconuts. She's always happy when I come with a big bundle of 100R.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I pay the bar fines with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic