Change Your Twitter Password Quickly!!!

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
egi
Tourist

Change Your Twitter Password Quickly!!!

Post by egi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:00 am

About few hours ago, Russian hacker just hacked around 32 million Twitter users password!.
Means, around 10% of total users password has been revealed to their side.
What these guys have been done in order to obtain 10 bitcoin, which equal to $ 5.807.

LeakedSource added that the most commonly occurring password in the database is ‘123456’, followed by ‘123456789’, ‘qwerty’ and ‘password’.
That’s dangerous because it means the accounts these are associated with could be hacked with just a little guesswork and wouldn’t even require malware.

Neither do i, mostly we are using the same or similar password into our many social accounts we were use for. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Update: A Twitter spokesperson said, “We are confident that these usernames and credentials were not
obtained by a Twitter data breach – our systems have not been breached.

In fact, we’ve been working to help keep accounts protected by checking our data against what’s been shared from recent other password leaks.”

source: thenextweb.com
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Change Your Twitter Password Quickly!!!

Post by franzjaeger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 am

I don't get Twitter, 200 letters max(?), hey I think we moved on from the IBM 1401 days a while ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic