a question for the Aussies

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: a question for the Aussies

Post by Hotdigr »

lol, I'm a Queenslander mate, from another small town that no one gives a fuk about. But we give less of a fuk about Halls Ck. then they do about Biloela! :stir:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I could show you Hall's Creek on a map and I still don't care...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Fuck me. I just realized we weren't talking about the Walkabout (WA) Bar in Phnom Penh.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Looking for that job wrote:Is there the like in NZ with the Maori ?
NZ is a 100% integrated, multi-cultural country, and has been for decades. Yes, there are the hard-core racists from all ethnicities in NZ, but they are a minority. You will actually find that there are no longer any full blooded Maori left, and you will find that a lot of white NZer's/Pakeha actually have some Maori bloodlines. I am part Maori myself, although you wouldn't be able to tell from looks...apart from my big lips, haha.

Some good reading here if you're interested to learn more...

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/ethnic-and- ... nce/page-1
Intolerance towards indigenous people is typical of colonial societies. Māori, as individuals and communities, were the subject of racism and discrimination as Europeans settled in New Zealand in the 19th century.

However, the extent and nature of intolerance was variable. Partly because of their strength in war and political negotiation, Māori were accorded civil rights through the Treaty of Waitangi, more than a century before Aboriginal people became full citizens of Australia. Māori had four seats in Parliament from 1867, and were members of national sports teams from the beginning. There was a general acceptance of intermarriage. It was commonly thought by Pākehā that Māori were genetically superior to other native peoples, and at the end of the 19th century they were considered to be Aryans, like Anglo-Saxons
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Hotdigr wrote:The fact we are expats sort of suggests that perhaps we aren't quite up to speed/don't give a shit with whats going on in some small West Australian out back town that nobody gives a fuk about anyhow. You think?
There might be a few Snooky posters that will feel a little better when they know about the meat situation there. :lol:

willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Hotdigr contributes his 100 riels worth, you don't get much for 100 riel nowadays. Australia has changed on the surface, I doubt that Halls Creek is like that now. WA has changed a lot as has most of Australia, we tend to hate the moosies more than the abos nowadays. We used to hate the wogs and the dings and the slopes but Australians are mostly these people now so it's much better.
And of course Abo and TI footballers have made people think more about ethnicity. We even have bloody tall Somalians playing AFL so it's hard to hate them. Buddy and Johnathon Thurston are super stars and great men.
And of course Buddy is the son of a Northam WA abo firewood cutter and many love him, it's so confusing for bigots nowadays. Pauline Hanson used to say that we would be swamped with Asians and she was right. Now she may get a Senate seat, I met with the Xenophon number one Senate candidate the other day and she thinks Hanson will get up.
Then we have Barnaby Joyce who is deputy PM and four of his siblings are married to Asians, its so confusing isn't it? And that bloody moosie won the Gold Logie. And then we have that Paki moslem batting for Australia and he is a real winner despite praying five times a day.
163streetballer
Tourist

Post by 163streetballer »

willyhilly wrote:Hotdigr contributes his 100 riels worth, you don't get much for 100 riel nowadays. Australia has changed on the surface, I doubt that Halls Creek is like that now. WA has changed a lot as has most of Australia, we tend to hate the moosies more than the abos nowadays. We used to hate the wogs and the dings and the slopes but Australians are mostly these people now so it's much better.
And of course Abo and TI footballers have made people think more about ethnicity. We even have bloody tall Somalians playing AFL so it's hard to hate them. Buddy and Johnathon Thurston are super stars and great men.
And of course Buddy is the son of a Northam WA abo firewood cutter and many love him, it's so confusing for bigots nowadays. Pauline Hanson used to say that we would be swamped with Asians and she was right. Now she may get a Senate seat, I met with the Xenophon number one Senate candidate the other day and she thinks Hanson will get up.
Then we have Barnaby Joyce who is deputy PM and four of his siblings are married to Asians, its so confusing isn't it? And that bloody moosie won the Gold Logie. And then we have that Paki moslem batting for Australia and he is a real winner despite praying five times a day.
the east asians are the ones to worry about they dont seem to integrate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic