The Other Lone Star Saloon in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Other Lone Star Saloon in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

An interesting write-up about OUR Lone Star, not the one in Houston, Texas. A cool article from the other side of the world:

THERE’S USDA CHOICE BEEF AND PORK SHOULDER ON THE MENU, plus slow-smoked baby-back ribs, fajitas, meatloaf and a famous chicken-fried steak—all crave-worthy, all responsible for the restaurant’s devoted following. One customer, in fact, orders the CFS for delivery every day. Want to put this spot on your list of places to try? It’s called the Lone Star Saloon. Be advised, however, that this place is not the downtown dive bar, nor is it located in Houston, Texas, or even the U.S. The popular haunt’s located smack dab in the middle of Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

On a recent trip to Asia, we stopped in to see for ourselves whether the place felt like home. And it did, so much so that we immediately forgave owner Greg Hill for being a native of Dallas. Thousands of miles away from the U.S., such a distinction felt irrelevant, especially in the face of this monumental accomplishment: “To my knowledge,” Hill told us, “we brought the chicken-fried steak to Cambodia...”

http://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/20 ... -june-2016
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: The Other Lone Star Saloon in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

One customer, in fact, orders the CFS for delivery every day.
Fess up, who is it? :stir:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: The Other Lone Star Saloon in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Surprisingly, the CFS is one of the only things on the menu I don't like. That tasteless bechamelle-type sauce just doesn't do it for me. Must be a Texas thing.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: The Other Lone Star Saloon in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by ExPenhMan »

There must be a Lone Star in every city of the world. However, Phnom Penh's is a good one. The one I miss the most is the Lone Staar (double "a" deliberate) in Washington Square, now a dinosaur park on Sukhumvit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic