OMG! Does CEO really mean "Cambodia Evangelicals Online"?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: OMG! Does CEO really mean "Cambodia Evangelicals Online"

Post by Rain Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote: Oh nope... that was me. I somehow missed that bit (after a while I bored of people arguing the merits of "Run Aztec Run" and wasn't paying close attention)...

I fully agree with you that such a reach of logic is a bit absurd.
By the way since you seem so hurt that I referred to your views about Mass Media and Propaganda "Naive", I point out here your hypocrisy when you call my interpretations of Apocalypto "Absurd". Slight double standard eh?

By the way it now occurs to me that your "Run Aztec Run" mantra is even more absurd than I realized, considering there is not one Aztec in the movie (it was based on Mayan culture not Aztec) :facepalm:

I am wondering now if you even watched the movie. It seems you are also not reading the sources I am providing you. This is the only explanation I have for the same circular arguments you keep making. For that matter, I am even wondering if you actually are reading my posts --- considering your tendency to misrepresent them.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:I'll just leave this here and go back to enjoying the debate: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... ews-193116 . Oh, and I'll tuck this away for the next Bible bash:
Rain Dog wrote:Seriously --- rather than attack the messenger (me and Chomsky) if you are serious about this topic then maybe try actually reading it --- you know -- before dismissing it outright.
Do carry on :popcorn:

Where did I ever bash the bible? Please show one example.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Rain Dog wrote:I am wondering now if you even watched the movie. It seems you are also not reading the sources I am providing you. This is the only explanation I have for the same circular arguments you keep making.
Just thank Dog there were no mass shootings in Apocalypto, or you'd have a real argument on your hands. :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Rain Dog wrote: I reject the ACTION they are doing.
OrangeDragon wrote: But you are claiming the action is being done BECAUSE they're Jewish... not because they're simply giving an audience what they want or selling what they know will sell.
No again --- you are trying to put words into my mouth. Since you still cannot get it right I will post (yet again) my views:

"I have never stated "The Jews Run Hollywood". I find that argument to be overly simplistic and treating American Jews as a single entity, while in fact they have many diverse perspectives. What i did say was this. It is not "Anti-Semitic" to suggest that Jewish and specifically Pro-Israel forces pretty much dictate what Americans see when it comes to news and entertainment imagery about how religious/ethnic groups, faiths, and middle eastern politics are portrayed."

Emphasis added now.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Pro-Israel Groups are not Jewish only --- there are Fundamentalist Christian Groups (Typically rapture oriented), corporate and military-industrial interests, political interests (since the "Red Menace" faded away ---- although it now looks like they are trying to bring it back with Putin --- another topic I guess).

The end result is that Muslims and Arabs are consistently demonized in the media and Jews are almost always presented as sympathetic characters.

Do you actually deny this?

I could off the top of my head list at least 100 films with heavy anti Muslim / Anti Arab sterotypes.

Can you give me even three examples of Hollywood movies where Jews are portrayed negatively?

So far you have mentioned only "Passion of Christ" which was a manufactured controversy by the ADL and had as many Jewish Protagonists as antagonists. Have you considered that Jesus, Mary, Simon, and others who wept and gave assistance to Jesus were also Jewish?

Again: :facepalm:
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

vladimir wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:I am wondering now if you even watched the movie. It seems you are also not reading the sources I am providing you. This is the only explanation I have for the same circular arguments you keep making.
Just thank Dog there were no mass shootings in Apocalypto, or you'd have a real argument on your hands. :lol:
Hey -- Guns don't kill people. People kill People.

:popcorn:
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Here's a bit of neurotheology, just for interest (study funded by Satanists, fornicators, drug addicts and such like of course):

What God does to your brain:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... brain.html
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:Here's a bit of neurotheology, just for interest (study funded by Satanists, fornicators, drug addicts and such like of course):

What God does to your brain:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... brain.html
Ha -- Even though I believe in God, that is an interesting read.

Richard Dawkins has brainwaves?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic