British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: Paul Colin Clough, a 52 year old Brit from Wokingham, England died of a heart attack at around 5pm on May 27.

It is believed it was caused from a preexisting condition of Diabetes.

He was born on July 14, 1964.

He entered Cambodia through Phnom Penh's international airport on August 21, 2015 and his corpse is being kept at the Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LTO
Expatriate

Re: British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Post by LTO »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Phnom Penh: Paul Colin Clough, a 52 year old Brit from Wokingham, England died of a heart attack at around 5pm today.

He entered Cambodia through Phnom Penh's international airport on August 21, 2015 and his corpse is being kept at the Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital.
What is this from? It wasn't today. It was last Friday. Who determined COD?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP.

Could this be the same Paul Clough from 8 years ago?

He has the same name, is the same age, and looks similar.

This Paul Clough was caught 8 years ago in Venezuela attempting to smuggle cocaine back to England.

"In February of last year, undercover police in Venezuela filmed the Samantha arriving in a warehouse in the port city of Puerto Caballo. Paul Stromberg and Paul Clough will be sentenced later 
Police seized the boat, and used X-ray equipment to examine it, the court heard. They discovered a substantial number of blocks hidden in the lower half of the boat beneath a false floor. The jury was told after drilling through the floor, they discovered 337 kilos of cocaine said to be "almost perfectly pure". 
Once "cut" with other drugs it would have had a street value estimated at more than £40m.
"

http://latestarrests.blogspot.com/2008/ ... f.html?m=1

I know linking an international drug smuggler with the same name, age and appearance as someone who ends up in Cambodia is pretty far fetched though.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

LTO wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Phnom Penh: Paul Colin Clough, a 52 year old Brit from Wokingham, England died of a heart attack at around 5pm today.

Damn Facebook groups. I swear. :facepalm:

Manager from Sharky Bar, I presume?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
LTO
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: British Expat Paul Colin Clough Dies of Diabetes Induced Heart Attack in Phnom Penh

Post by LTO »

General Mackevili wrote:
LTO wrote:

Damn Facebook groups. I swear. :facepalm:

Manager from Sharky Bar, I presume?
Yes, well, the accountant actually, been here more than a decade I believe. Real nice guy. Somebody I liked very much and can still hear our last conversation in my head. I do not recognize the person in the post above.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

General Mackevili wrote:RIP.

Could this be the same Paul Clough from 8 years ago?

He has the same name, is the same age, and looks similar.

This Paul Clough was caught 8 years ago in Venezuela attempting to smuggle cocaine back to England.

"In February of last year, undercover police in Venezuela filmed the Samantha arriving in a warehouse in the port city of Puerto Caballo. Paul Stromberg and Paul Clough will be sentenced later 
Police seized the boat, and used X-ray equipment to examine it, the court heard. They discovered a substantial number of blocks hidden in the lower half of the boat beneath a false floor. The jury was told after drilling through the floor, they discovered 337 kilos of cocaine said to be "almost perfectly pure". 
Once "cut" with other drugs it would have had a street value estimated at more than £40m.
"

http://latestarrests.blogspot.com/2008/ ... f.html?m=1

I know linking an international drug smuggler with the same name, age and appearance as someone who ends up in Cambodia is pretty far fetched though.
I think it's farfetched to say they have the same appearance. Also, the news reports from the UK say that the drug smuggling Paul Clough was 44 in May 2008. The deceased Paul Clough was only 43 in May 2008.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic