Talks on Direct Flights Between Russia and Sihanoukville.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Talks on Direct Flights Between Russia and Sihanoukville.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Good news!

Sihanoukville is top choice for Russia flight plan

Tue, 24 May 2016
Cheng Sokhorng

Regularly scheduled direct flights between Cambodia and Russia proposed by Prime Minister HE last week in Moscow might land in the coastal town of Sihanoukville, an official said yesterday.

Cambodia has already signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for direct flights in 2015, and last week’s talks were hoped to speed up implementation, Tourism Minister Thong Khon said.

“In the meeting [last week], the Russian prime minister pushed for a direct flight from Russia to Sihanoukville,” he said, adding that Dmitry Medvedev expressed that a seaside destination would be the most popular option.

Khon added that participants of the meeting also worked on finalising a travel visa sub-decree that would allow Russians to enter for one to three years.

While the visit lacked concrete results, Khon hopes the deals will be finalised soon, especially as Russia tourist arrivals fell by 17.6 per cent during the first quarter of this year.

The numbers fell from 24,000 to 19,842 compared to the same time last year. However, Russians are still ranked as Sihanoukville’s second highest visitor, following the Chinese...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/s ... light-plan
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Talks on Direct Flights Between Russia and Sihanoukville.

Post by rozzieoz »

Shitsville + way too many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Are we talking about long haul 747 's landing in Rushitsville. I don't think the airport landing strip is up to that.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Duncan wrote:Are we talking about long haul 747 's landing in Rushitsville. I don't think the airport landing strip is up to that.
And you would be mistaken as it it the longest runaway in the country
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Duncan wrote:Are we talking about long haul 747 's landing in Rushitsville. I don't think the airport landing strip is up to that.
Isn't the one at the defunct Kampong Chhannang airport longer?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

747 needs abt 6000+ ft of runway for landing but the killer is not the landing, is takeoff
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Being the longest does not mean much. It's the ability of the tarmac to take the pounding of a [ 747 ? ] planes weight on landing. I was told several years ago when they were studying the airport for upgrading, that this airport runway is like a skin on a rice pudding. When a heavy plane lands the landing strip under the wheels sinks down several inches and rises again after the plane moves forward. The landing strip can only take so many hard landings before having to be resurfaced again. Their alternative was to displace some of the liquid under the strip by pumping under high pressure a substance called ? [ sorry cannot remember the name ]
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

sodium bentonite?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Duncan wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Being the longest does not mean much. It's the ability of the tarmac to take the pounding of a [ 747 ? ] planes weight on landing. I was told several years ago when they were studying the airport for upgrading, that this airport runway is like a skin on a rice pudding. When a heavy plane lands the landing strip under the wheels sinks down several inches and rises again after the plane moves forward. The landing strip can only take so many hard landings before having to be resurfaced again. Their alternative was to displace some of the liquid under the strip by pumping under high pressure a substance called ? [ sorry cannot remember the name ]
Cams invested 30 millions $ on the airport runaway and flight related equipment in the past 5 years...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic