New Section Suggestions?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by OrangeDragon »

for now, target that to the "Rest of the world" section. if it becomes excessive we'll branch it off.
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

The Beer section is missing. :facepalm:
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Teaching
Thailand transplants

I also think some location based sub-forums might be good for Kampot/Kep, Siem Reap even Battambang (Sihanoukville already has a forum).
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

StroppyChops wrote:Do you have a photo of a dog taking photos? Not saying you're lying, but...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
I could see fitting a dog with google glasses and then him taking pictures when he barks. Sounds plausible.
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

thePeck wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Do you have a photo of a dog taking photos? Not saying you're lying, but...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
I could see fitting a dog with google glasses and then him taking pictures when he barks. Sounds plausible.
Sounds like an awesome drinking game.

Link the dog up to the bars television screen, a live video feed might be interesting...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

giblet wrote:Teaching
Thailand transplants
both great ideas in my opinion...
giblet wrote: I also think some location based sub-forums might be good for Kampot/Kep, Siem Reap even Battambang (Sihanoukville already has a forum).
'Living In' has those, and honestly they make it confusing. If i have a ? about _________ but happen to be in ______ city do i post it for just that city or in general? Or both?
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

I know what you mean, and I think those subforums don't work until you have critical mass from the particular city, however you'll never get critical mass without having the subforum to start with. The forums are very Phnom Penh-centric. If someone has a question like, "Where do I buy cardboard boxes?" if they are in Phnom Penh they can ask on a forum, but if they aren't, they will ask on Facebook group dedicated to their city. Maybe it's okay to leave it that way, or maybe it might be worth trying to lure some of those Facebook users over here.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Don't know if this has already been said, but a Khmer language section is a must have.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

How about just a Language section... khmer, viet, german, french... whatever? Have a language post, post it there.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Might be a bit vague, but its all good.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic