COST TO TRANSFER VEHICLE OWNERSHIP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

COST TO TRANSFER VEHICLE OWNERSHIP

Post by Luigi »

Is there a set fee to transfer the ownership docs from one party to new owner? Same province. Same plate. Go to DMV or what ever it is known as, have numbers checked. & pay how much. This is a light truck if relevant.
Anyone know the real deal. I'm thinking I should have provided the KY.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: COST TO TRANSFER VEHICLE OWNERSHIP

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Not much help, but I was told the old owner needs to come along...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Yes that's my understanding. The gentleman I purchased from accompanied me to the DMV or whatever. After a vin & frame # inspection we proceeded to the $ man. He collected a tidy sum. Then I witnessed what I believe was the seller going back to the $ man & collecting some baksheesh. All well & good. That's the way shit works. I just want to know what the actual rate is.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

This Shv? He's a robbing bastard that guy. I had to pony up another 130 because he "didn't believe I was married to my wife(?)" and "didn't have the previous owner from five people back". It goes by capacity, my 4l pickup should have cost $120. My wife was swearing up a storm about him, having been given the nod to go see him personally.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

WTF does your marital status have to do with vehicle ownership?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Going by other fees, I would expect vehicle transfers to be around the $10 mark. How much were you "charged"? $100? Cheeky little fucker went and got cash back while you were still standing there? Too late now, so best not to dwell on it.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

We paid 70$ last week in SHV for my wife's corolla.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

OMFG! I got fuked so hard. $250.00 is what i was charged for a 22 yr.old lite truck. I am feeling really stupid.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Even $70 is a ripoff. Should have asked around beforehand. Lesson learned, don't dwell on it too much. Hopefully you're happy with the price you paid for the truck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic