The Stop - between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: The Stop - between PP and SNV

Post by John Bingham »

Username Taken wrote:It was just a simple question, "Has anyone tried the pies and sausage rolls at this place? Prices?"

Look, if you aren't happy eating dusty piles of gristle and intestines for ever why don't you go live in Lichtenstein or something?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

John Bingham wrote:
Username Taken wrote:It was just a simple question, "Has anyone tried the pies and sausage rolls at this place? Prices?"

Look, if you aren't happy eating dusty piles of gristle and intestines for ever why don't you go live in Lichtenstein or something?
Yeah, if you are not prepared to go 100% native you have no business being in Cambodia.
Spoiler:
according to some of our more esteemed posters
:stir: :stir:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Okay, thanks for the input.

Fuck the pies, I'll just settle for the Nam Bao.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I stopped by The Stop this morning. It looked like a place that would be better suited to Boeung Keng Kong.

For those who'd prefer eating dusty piles of gristle and intestines, be warned! Pech Nil is turning into Yuppy-ville!
I looked in and decided that it wasn't for me, but anyway, a pie is $4.50 and I think the sausage rolls $3.75

So, we had lunch a couple of doors down at 333 Restaurant, which also has a coffee cart outside selling coffee and 'Products from Blue Pumpkin'.

As I was sitting there eating my Mii Cha Saich Chrook pondering the decline of Pech Nil, an orange Lamborghini pulled up followed by a Hummer, a VW van and several other vehicles. Of course it was Hun To and family, and their entourage. I immediately knew that I'd made the right choice of restaurant.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:I stopped by The Stop this morning. It looked like a place that would be better suited to Boeung Keng Kong.

For those who'd prefer eating dusty piles of gristle and intestines, be warned! Pech Nil is turning into Yuppy-ville!
I looked in and decided that it wasn't for me, but anyway, a pie is $4.50 and I think the sausage rolls $3.75

So, we had lunch a couple of doors down at 333 Restaurant, which also has a coffee cart outside selling coffee and 'Products from Blue Pumpkin'.

As I was sitting there eating my Mii Cha Saich Chrook pondering the decline of Pech Nil, an orange Lamborghini pulled up followed by a Hummer, a VW van and several other vehicles. Of course it was Hun To and family, and their entourage. I immediately knew that I'd made the right choice of restaurant.
Why was that.? Because you all were drinking the same Hennessey Whisky. ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hennesy makes whisky now- them ukip should be informed of this
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: The Stop - between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville

Post by willyhilly »

Good British food? This a typo surely?
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

haha. So true. The only food more bland than English food is Russian food. And who else eats caned pork & beans. On bread. For breakfast! Fuk!. Yuk.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Luigi wrote:haha. So true. The only food more bland than English food is Russian food. And who else eats caned pork & beans. On bread. For breakfast! Fuk!. Yuk.
Nobody in the UK eats canned pork and beans, that's the yanks. If you mean spam, then Hawaii is #1, and maybe those fat bastards in Tahiti second. If you mean canned baked beans, then yes, UK is world #1 consumer. Baked beans on toast will keep you alive when you have no money, as you can get economy beans for about 6p a can. Pretty nutritious and if you have tabasco sauce, as Nigella Lawson carries in her pocket, apparently, you can give your meal zing, it just clashes with the bacon and sausages at breakfast so you wouldn't bother. As to bland, depends what you eat, Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck is the apotheosis of bland. Curry is a British invention, named after a Scotsman. Cheapo greasy spoons are not going to serve quality food, same as everywhere else, and the tourist traps like Leicester Square just think you are a sucker. I've had shit food in France, The US, Italy, I could go on.
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

I stopped here a couple of weeks ago while heading to SHV. It was a bit of a surprise seeing somewhere so upmarket in the middle of nowhere. On the way there I had a chicken, bacon & salad roll - was very, very dry!
On the way back to PNH I had a slice of quiche lorraine that was put on a plate with a small side of salad. Was very tasty, but cost me $5.

The ice coffee is nice but massively over priced. You can stop at a similar place in Thailand for a lot cheaper.

Friendly staff, but I'd rather a run-down place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic