sinn sisamouth

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
mammothboy2
Expatriate
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: sinn sisamouth

Post by mammothboy2 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Jamie - a neighbour's radio was playing it about 18 months ago and my partner identified the singer with what seemed to be confidence. That's the best I can do.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14030
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2217
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: sinn sisamouth

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:01 pm

John Bingham wrote:Most of those "covers" just appropriate the tune but the lyrics bear no real relation to the original ones.

yep, ive been trying to find the Khmer "cover" of "Ace of Bass - All that she wants" from 1995 all day (if you know, help a brother out)
im usually good at hunting down the old songs but ive only ever heard the song once in my friends lexus driving back from Kampong Cham
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14030
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2217
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: sinn sisamouth

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:04 pm

mammothboy2 wrote:Jamie - a neighbour's radio was playing it about 18 months ago and my partner identified the singer with what seemed to be confidence. That's the best I can do.
ill keep hunting, you can find some of the rarer songs on the copies of the old collection CD's that get uploaded onto youtube, but the only trouble is they dont have the tracklisting so even if i did find the song trying to find the separate video would still be difficult, as the collection CD's can be 2-3hours long, ill have another dig now
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 4266
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Reputation: 465
Korea North

Re: sinn sisamouth

Post by kiwiincambodia » Tue May 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote:Most of those "covers" just appropriate the tune but the lyrics bear no real relation to the original ones.

yep, ive been trying to find the Khmer "cover" of "Ace of Bass - All that she wants" from 1995 all day (if you know, help a brother out)
im usually good at hunting down the old songs but ive only ever heard the song once in my friends lexus driving back from Kampong Cham
You just had to mention it was a Lexus didn't you. Have you gone full local on us now?
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14030
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2217
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: sinn sisamouth

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote:Most of those "covers" just appropriate the tune but the lyrics bear no real relation to the original ones.

yep, ive been trying to find the Khmer "cover" of "Ace of Bass - All that she wants" from 1995 all day (if you know, help a brother out)
im usually good at hunting down the old songs but ive only ever heard the song once in my friends lexus driving back from Kampong Cham
You just had to mention it was a Lexus didn't you. Have you gone full local on us now?
Image
yes
:sorry:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: John Bingham, NitNoi, pauloxleyisland and 317 guests