Two little girls drown in pond behind home

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Two little girls drown in pond behind home

Post by ot mien kampf »

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/t ... ehind-home
Fri, 13 May 2016
Khouth Sophak Chakrya

Two girls were found dead floating in a pond behind their homes on Wednesday in Banteay Meanchey province.

The bodies of cousins Khuon Chanry, 3, and Kong Sbay, 5, were discovered by Chanry’s parents, who had been searching for her for more than five hours in O’Chuob Thmey village, where they live, said Mongkol Borei district police chief Si Dy. The girls’ families are neighbours.

Chanry’s father, San Ponlork, 32, said that when he returned from planting cassava, he saw his wife, Noy Sreyoun, cooking, but he didn’t see his daughter, he told police. The couple began to look for her, and found her and their niece’s bodies at 6:30pm.

Parents for both of the girls were yesterday preparing the funeral.

“They are very careless in not looking after their children,” Dy said. “They have to take care of their children properly; they should not leave their children unattended while farming.”
Rama
Expatriate

Re: Two little girls drown in pond behind home

Post by Rama »

So so common these drownings of children. There has got to be on average 5 drownings a week. Every week.
Even more common than rapes, knife attacks and arson of one's own home. (Each of which I'd guess occur on average 4, 3 and 2 times per week respectively )

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've always thought an NGO that taught kids how to swim would be a very worthy enterprise. It's one of the leading causes of death for kids here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Ages 3 and 5. So sad. The parents were just trying to keep food on the table, and now they have to endure this devastating loss. I don't think I could.
Rama
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Two little girls drown in pond behind home

Post by Rama »

John Bingham wrote:I've always thought an NGO that taught kids how to swim would be a very worthy enterprise. It's one of the leading causes of death for kids here.
There is these guys http://www.safetywhenitmatters.org

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic