Lazy Tourists in the Maldives

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Lazy Tourists in the Maldives

Post by General Mackevili »

I just saw this picture on a social network that will remain nameless.

How fucking lazy are people getting? A pool about 3 feet away from the water. WTF.

It was described as "crystal clear blue water."

I hate to be a grammar fucking Nazi, but it's either crystal CLEAR or some sort of BLUE, it can't be both.

Do they offer rooms without pools? If so, they're probably half the price. I guess if you're stupid enough to pay extra for a pool 1 step away from the same ocean water, you're probably stupid enough to pay double, maybe triple what the rooms without pools go for.

I need a drink. Image Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Lazy Tourists in the Maldives

Post by phuketrichard »

not everyone likes salt water
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote:not everyone likes salt water
True, but then maybe the Maldives are the wrong place?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i did a job once there (3 days actually and had to photograph a resort)
nothing beats swimming in the sea and than jumping in the pool with a glass of wine while the sun set
for everything else there's MasterCard
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:not everyone likes salt water
I'd be willing to bet the pool is filled with salt water. Seems unlikely that they would run fresh water all they way out there to it when they could just pump it full of salt water from 3 feet away.

Who knows..
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Rutiger wrote:
Pools are no safer:

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

My first reaction is the same as GM - like WTF, how special are you ? This is already paradise. However, it could be dangerous to swim in the sea after nightfall, so you need a pool, because you are in fact special. (See the prices for places like that.)

This video is from SA, but we stayed in a place on the Zambeze river where we had a pool, but couldn't swim there at night because of hippos and crocs. They are worse than sharks because they will walk from the river to the pool if it's not fenced off. All those beautiful photos of African tourist resorts and safari lodges on the water's edge forget to tell you that you have to be mindful of hippos and crocs.

Can I say +1 for SV - ok it's not breath-takingly beautiful, but no hippos, crocs or sharks, day or night ? :thumb:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote:All those beautiful photos of African tourist resorts and safari lodges on the water's edge forget to tell you that you have to be mindful of hippos and crocs.
Hmm, all the Lodges I have been to in Africa, and there have been a few, were very serious about guest safety. In SA even some of the fenced Lodges won't let you walk alone at night.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hanno wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:All those beautiful photos of African tourist resorts and safari lodges on the water's edge forget to tell you that you have to be mindful of hippos and crocs.
Hmm, all the Lodges I have been to in Africa, and there have been a few, were very serious about guest safety. In SA even some of the fenced Lodges won't let you walk alone at night.
I was looking at online photos of some African resorts on the Zambeze, which make it look so exotic, yet so safe and civilized - distorted, cosy images of Africa.

Yes I know, once you get there they will tell you to be extremely careful, especially at night. Hence the rules about no swimming after dark, wandering around alone etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic