Needle in a Haystack

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Needle in a Haystack

Post by General Mackevili »

"Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help us? My friends are currently in the process of trying to reunite a Khmer/French girl living in HCMC with her long lost French father. They have managed to locate the friend of the father, but unfortunately he has no recollection of a man named Bourdy. Is there anyway of finding out which French nationals were registered to be living in PP in 1993? see below for details. Thanks"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: Needle in a Haystack

Post by Rutiger »

They have managed to locate the friend of the father, but unfortunately he has no recollection of a man named Bourdy.
If the "friend" they tracked down doesn't remember this Bourdy person in question, why do they bother mentioning him at all? Doesn't sound like a friend to me so that info is probably erroneous and therefore unimportant. It's like saying "I've talked to an eye witness to the incident who says they don't recall seeing anything". Pointless.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

so french bloke knocks up a hooker and buggers off?

yeah good luck with that love.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SinnSisamouth wrote:so french bloke knocks up a hooker and buggers off?

So are you blaming the daughter cause her mother was a hooker, or are you blaming the daughter cause her father had a one night stand after getting drunk on French wine.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

It's a delicate one. The guy lived with the woman for a short period of time 23 years ago. He went back to France and presumably got on with his life. If the woman was only 2 months pregnant, he may not even know that he is a father (taking the mother's word for it that he is.)

The man that is being looked for may be over-joyed to find he has a daughter he never knew and be happy to be reunited. He may also be a grand-dad in France, who's worst nightmare is his youthful indiscretions will be back to haunt him in the form of a long-lost daughter from his soldier days in SEA.

I hope that the people who encouraging this girl to look for her father have thought about the possible consequences of outing him on social media. As for the ethics, I'm torn between the girl who wants to find her dad, and the right to have a private life. (Worst of all, even if she tracks him down, the guy could well be an arsehole, who will reject his daughter and break her heart. ) Be careful what you wish for.

And think hard before casting stones, all you guys out there. Are you all sure that your daughter is not out there somewhere looking for you on Fb ? :shock: Scary huh.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Duncan wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:so french bloke knocks up a hooker and buggers off?

So are you blaming the daughter cause her mother was a hooker, or are you blaming the daughter cause her father had a one night stand after getting drunk on French wine.
chill out there sister

not blaming anyone just giving an opinion
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Needle in a Haystack

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:It's a delicate one.
Yeah. If they do find him, I fear it will end in heartbreak.

Sounds like he's nothing more than an accidental sperm donor.

And they found his friend who said, I can't really remember." I think he's just looking out for his friend.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic