Visiting from the UK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Re: Visiting from the UK

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Just to clarify - as I am not too far away myself.... in terms of shots - I never actually had any shots when I went to Thailand - malaria tablets - yes first visit, when I was 15! - never again - waste of money and felt very sick for weeks... I never took anything on any other extended visit ever......

So perhaps:

1. Tetanus & whatever comes with that? (I am obviously overdue anyway)
2. Both Hep A & B

Anything else you suggest? - I never really did have any injections before, but this time I would like to be a bit more cautious - I will be there for a lot longer (perhaps indefinitely)... Best to be wise....

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas....

Always appreciated...
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

You need:

Tetanus, typhoid, BCG (if you haven't already), Hep A and Hep B, and Polio (which isn't a jab but a revolting sugar cube) at a bare minimum. You should have been immunized against diphtheria at birth but if you haven't... get that too.

You should also consider Japanese Encephalitis if you intend to spend much time frolicking in forests or grassland and rabies which given it now kills a shit ton of people in Cambodia - I'd take just to be on the safe side.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
dragonfly
Tourist

Post by dragonfly »

TheGrinchSR wrote:Polio (which isn't a jab but a revolting sugar cube)
That's what I remember as a kid, but it's now part of combined injection.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

You need fuck all but a passport, ticket and cash.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic