moringa oleifera

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: moringa oleifera

Post by Duncan »

rick_o'shea wrote:I bought some powdered moringa about a year ago. Locally produced and sold in Natural Garden on 63 or similar. It had quite a bitter, spicy flavour, and the instructions said that an upset stomach was expected after the first few uses. I put it in a couple of smoothies but didn't take to the flavour at all. The rest is still in the back of the fridge, I think!
So I tried taking spirulina in tablet form produced locally by a NZ couple, which was much easier to ingest.

I'd be interested in growing some wheatgrass if I could find some seeds, as I've noticed real benefits from using that in the past.

I am assuming you want the wheatgrass to extract the juice,, namely for the chlorophyll . But why wheatgrass ? Rice grass must have the same amount of chlorophyll in it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

The book TREES AND FRUITS OF SOUTHEAST ASIA [Michael Jensen, Orchid Press, 1995 - 2008] states:

Although the wood is soft, it is often used for firewood. The leaves are commonly eaten as a vegetable or used as livestock fodder. Flowers are cooked in soups. Pods are edible when young and oil is extracted from the seeds. The root can be eaten as a substitute for horse radish. Also produces good quality honey. Roots, bark, leaves and oil are used in traditional medicine.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I mentioned to my GF that this would be a good thing to plant on public land.
She could not see any advantage in that idea!
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

Temples and monasteries ought to plant beautiful trees like this and also the luxury-wood trees which would yield them a cash income in future years (I say this knowing that some monasteries are dumping grounds for the aged and crippled, so every dollar would come in useful.)
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Moringa Oleifera? Why not try some Ho Shou Wu - Tree of Light.

Fo-Ti root (He Shou Wu) is my all time favorite herb and I include it in my daily intake of adaptogenic herbs and live superfoods. Honest.

He Shou Wu is a premier yin tonic and anti-aging herb that can be consumed daily to increase your human longevity potential. It is sweet, bitter, astringent and slightly warming. It affects and tones the liver and kidney meridians. He Shou Wu will increase your energy levels, however it is not a stimulant. It is in fact a Jing herb and slightly sedative. It stands out among the top fertility herbs and builds sexual staying power for men and women (as all yin tonics do).

Fo-Ti root is infamous for gray hair reversal. Folklore and legends tell a few different versions of how the Chinese name (He Shou Wu) for this herbal adaptogen came about. One of them describes that a General He was convicted of a serious crime and sentenced to death by confinement to a remote cell that was dug into the ground with no access to food or water. After a year, upon returning to the cell to have his remains removed, his executioners were surprised to find that not only had General He survived, but he had gone through a complete rejuvenation that had been able to reverse gray hair on his head back to black. It turns out he had survived exclusively on a vine that grew in the crevices in his cell walls... the Fo-Ti root.

Li, Ching Yuen was a master herbalist and baguazhang player (Jiulong Baguazhang) who purportedly lived to be 256 years old (according to an article from the May 15th, 1933 issue of "Time" magazine). He consumed an organic tincture of various herbs, one of which was the Fo-Ti root on a daily basis for the last 100 years of his life. He also included Ginseng, Chinese Licorice and Gotu Kola in his rice wine organic tincture. It is highly unlikely that the life of this famous Taoist will ever be proven as fact or fiction, but we can take his teaching about using lifestyle and diet for longevity as a clue for creating changes in life expectancy within ourselves. Many of the Li family descendants were centenarians and even super-centenarians.
If that doesn't convince you just look at these testimonials;

This girl's only 23, but she has no grey hair!

This guy has obviously no sense of moderation and swallowed the lot in one go.

PM me. 40 bucks a bag.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic