title machine in CEO news break down

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

title machine in CEO news break down

Post by bolueeleh »

as of 2100 GMT it has been noticed that the title machine of the cambodian expats online forum has broken down and churning out nonsensical but true titles to confuse its forum users, churning out titles like:

man pays money, dies frothing in the mouth.

government officials takes bribes, strips down in public and flocks themselves.

hostess bar free beer for all, customers ran away screaming.

if anybody has the information to the whereabouts of the man operating the title machine, please contact this number:

855-hell-noooo
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: title machine in CEO news break down

Post by Rutiger »

The bizarre, Khmenglish thread titles do make you want to click on them though. :thumb:

I liked "Title: Borrow sister in law's toilet to finish life mysteriously ".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"Today! The forbidden poster still announced though the sea has become normal."

What is nonsensical about that?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: title machine in CEO news break down

Post by General Mackevili »

Rutiger wrote: "Title: Borrow sister in law's toilet to finish life mysteriously ".
Come on. We've all been there before. I still have restraining orders in 7 States.

While we appreciate KiwiInCambodia's help, he's still a bit rough around the edges.

Seriously though, someone is trying to help CEO get Khmer news translated into English for everybody, which might have a fun learning curve in store for us all, LoL.

And while I agree that some of the recent titles are quite amusing, they are doing their best to help us out when they can, and after a bit of trial and error it will likely be a billion times better than Google Translate cut and pastes you find all over the web.

Time will tell, and by all means, if any members see a catchy news article in Khmer and can translate it, take a whack at it, or even PM it to us and we'll see what we can do.

Ok, I gotta make some Skype calls.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Rutiger wrote:The bizarre, Khmenglish thread titles do make you want to click on them though. :thumb:

i read that article in Khmer. I am impressed how CEOCambodiaNews did the translation. The CEOCambodiaNews literately translated it the way it is written in Khmer. It is a bit funny, but very very readable.

:thumb: Well done.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Samouth wrote:
Rutiger wrote:The bizarre, Khmenglish thread titles do make you want to click on them though. :thumb:

i read that article in Khmer. I am impressed how CEOCambodiaNews did the translation. The CEOCambodiaNews literately translated it the way it is written in Khmer. It is a bit funny, but very very readable.

More please. :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
i love stupid khmenglish titles theyre cute :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:

when are you joining the team? How is your khmer learning?

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Samouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:

its going alright, im learning a lot, ive been doing a load of practicing trying to get all the new words into my everyday vocabulary, feels like its going slow but i think im gradually speaking more than i realise, ive already learnt a lot of the words its just having the confidence to speak,
actually starting taking the time to learn how to read khmer now i have a greater understanding of the language and pronunciation of words, just from glancing over it all this morning i can already memorise quite a few constanants and vowels, and also elements that i wasnt even aware of before, compared to when i first made an attempt to read it made a lot more sense this time, while i know ill never be able to read to the extent of me singing in karaoke being able to read khmer would be handy :lol:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:

its going alright, im learning a lot, ive been doing a load of practicing trying to get all the new words into my everyday vocabulary, feels like its going slow but i think im gradually speaking more than i realise, ive already learnt a lot of the words its just having the confidence to speak,
actually starting taking the time to learn how to read khmer now i have a greater understanding of the language and pronunciation of words, just from glancing over it all this morning i can already memorise quite a few constanants and vowels, and also elements that i wasnt even aware of before, compared to when i first made an attempt to read it made a lot more sense this time, while i know ill never be able to read to the extent of me singing in karaoke being able to read khmer would be handy :lol:
Ok keep study hard. Maybe one day we can have a thread is full in Khmer language.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic