OMG! Does CEO really mean "Cambodia Evangelicals Online"?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: OMG! Does CEO really mean "Cambodia Evangelicals Online"

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:Personally I can 'do this' with you all day, dagenham, but the forum has spoken and relegated your diatribe (and my responses) off to the Asinine Area - for you to move your base into the next available thread is a childish move. Tell you what - I'll respond to you in the moved thread, and you try very hard to be a grown up and see if you can participate in the forum like the other grown ups. Get out of the sandpit, try for a conversation that doesn't keep regurgitating your "i hate Christians" manifesto, and for GODS SAKE CHEER UP, you miserable sack.

Mods, can we move these couple of posts over to the other thread? I'll do my bit to keep it over there.
Misquote by you - I never wrote "I hate Christians"...I wrote "I hate all missionaries". Lying to defend the "mission" again, eh?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:Pray tell, Brother, how did I misquote you? Even put into the entire post it still is what it is. You wrote it. It's meant to be taken personally - not towards you - towards your program...Brother. A misquote is defined by quoting false words from someone's mouth - the context, in this case, does not change the import and significance one iota.
Here's the actual quote from https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... nts#p11472
StroppyChops wrote:To get religious for just a moment, Christ gave us two new commandments - a) to go out into the whole world and preach His gospel, and b) to be good to others, especially those who have it harder than us, in the same way that He would be if He were physically here. The local churches have the first point sewn up in spades - the uptake of Christianity through indigenous churches is phenomenal here, they don't need us to either tell them their business or get involved. Like the kid who gave his lunch and in turn fed the masses, we bring what we have (education) to those that don't have it and can't get it unless someone empowers them to change their circumstances.
Quoting involves context, but you know that. You misuse quoting more often than you tell the truth. You accuse me of fraud, and yet every time you quote me or anyone else you disagree with (regardless of topic), you are fraudulent. It doesn't surprise me that you've added the rider that I highlighted above - this is the last bastion of dodgy journalists. Are you that low? Are you as low as a dodgy journalist? Clearly, you are, and I pity you for it.
dagenham wrote:So you deny that your primary role as a faithful "Church of Christ" believer is not to look for every opportunity possible (at work and at play) to convert others? [/b][/color]
I deny that I have any need to justify myself or how I express my faith to you. In your words, "Period. Double Period." What's with that, by the way? I do not feel that by not answering your petulant, whiny demands for attention, my position is in any way lessened or altered. Period. Double Period.
dagenham wrote:Please try to be truthful here as you were in the post that I quoted from above. That was the only time that you truly revealed yourself and you are obviously regretting that now. It's doubtful that you will reveal any more of your actual agenda again.
What truly saddens me is that even your 'friends' are pitying you. Get help, man. Please.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Not atheist, agnostic or faithful. A non-believer here. Generally opposed to overt evangelism here or anywhere (whether religious or secular), but they are part of the price of freedom, so ultimately must be tolerated. Stroppy puts on a far more compelling show than dag, full of depth and honesty. He's got my vote.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I don't really care what religious types do as long as I don't have to hear about it, and that includes monks over loudspeakers at 3am. Hate them.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:Misquote by you - I never wrote "I hate Christians"...I wrote "I hate all missionaries". Lying to defend the "mission" again, eh?
It occurs to me that the only response I should give you when you're re-repeating your hatred is this:
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... sto#p11587
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:I don't really care what religious types do as long as I don't have to hear about it, and that includes monks over loudspeakers at 3am. Hate them.
I've hit the point where I'm starting to regret how this has drawn out and clogged the flow, vlad - apologies to anyone who feels they've been subjected to this. I'll leave the troll alone now, there's obviously nothing new happening here.
CambodiaHockeyLeague
Tourist

Post by CambodiaHockeyLeague »

If Jesus played hockey, he'd play every Thursday at 7 o'clock at the tennis courts across from City Villa.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

CambodiaHockeyLeague wrote:If Jesus played hockey, he'd play every Thursday at 7 o'clock at the tennis courts across from City Villa.
And He'd have been given a t-shirt!
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

dagenham wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
Joon wrote:He did. But I think he is more inclined towards "atheistic agnosticism". I label myself as a "theist agnostic" and we definitely don't share the same views.
Curious as to what "Theistic agnostic" means and how your views differ from dagenham's.

I always thought that "Atheistic Agnostic' was a bit of a cop out born out of our inherited age of empiricism mindset. Sort of like "anything is possible but unless you can "prove" it to me, it must be false" mentality. It is a very Safe (if somewhat hypocritical when criticizing others) position because you can always demand proof from others without adding anything yourself.
If you read, again, my explanation of my agnostic beliefs in the other thread they mirror the Miriam's dictionary word-for-word. A "Theistic Agnostic" from what I can ascertain is someone who is a stronger believer in a single god-like entity, than a simple Agnostic who doesn't even know if a "god" exists. There certainly is a hazy line between the 2 species and now that I think about it I probably fit in between the two descriptions. I certainly can accept that a "higher power" might exist but we mere mortals are too undeveloped to recognize it.
Yes I think there is a lot of grey area in these types of agnostics, and different types of deists as well. I cannot say I "Know" with certainty so I guess that might make me part agnostic. At the same time I "believe" which makes me some type of theist. I can say that when my belief is closer to "knowing", I tend to do better in life and when my belief is weaker I fall into error more easily and can wind up hurting others and myself. Thus my "knowledge" of a divine entity is "perceived" and "experiential" rather than anything I could prove empirically, and I am perfectly fine with that and have no need to "prove" anything to anyone.

I am by inclination, a deist of some sort but I go further in that I do believe that all religions have elements of truth to them and that "revelation" is indeed divinely inspired but always has flaws because no person is truly able to comprehend much less articulate the divine. Religion gets screwed up because it is interpreted and managed by humans, and humans can screw anything up regardless of faith or lack of.

i also believe that how you live in this world has an effect on those people and things that impact you. Call it Karma or whatever.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

CambodiaHockeyLeague wrote:If Jesus played hockey, he'd play every Thursday at 7 o'clock at the tennis courts across from City Villa.
Thanks for making me laugh!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic