False Rape Accusations by locals.

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Element5225
Tourist

False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by Element5225 »

I was researching scams in Cambodia and one of the scams that stuck out was how women can be working with a gang of men to prey on lone male tourists. She'll look like she has money, form a relationship with the unsuspecting man, and then her "brother" as well as other guys will show up with her shedding crocodile tears and accuse you of rape in order to extort money from you. Has anyone experienced this? Whats the best way to have fun and not face this? Here is a link to the story,

http://madmonkeyhostels.com/?h2o_backpa ... an-islands
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Element5225 wrote:I was researching scams in Cambodia and one of the scams that stuck out was how women can be working with a gang of men to prey on lone male tourists. She'll look like she has money, form a relationship with the unsuspecting man, and then her "brother" as well as other guys will show up with her shedding crocodile tears and accuse you of rape in order to extort money from you. Has anyone experienced this? Whats the best way to have fun and not face this? Here is a link to the story,

Your research has led you down a dark alley into "someone else's fantasy". It doesn't happen. If you believed in every scam report out of SE Asia - you'd expect to be stripped naked on the tarmac as you got off the first flight in, be urinated on, spend 20 years in jail with a transsexual called Harold as your bed mate and "mommy" and then be expelled into the West again. That doesn't happen either.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Never heard of it happening once in Cambodia.

I have heard of this in Vietnam and other places but never Cambodia.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Element5225 wrote:I was researching scams in Cambodia and one of the scams that stuck out was how women can be working with a gang of men to prey on lone male tourists. She'll look like she has money, form a relationship with the unsuspecting man, and then her "brother" as well as other guys will show up with her shedding crocodile tears and accuse you of rape in order to extort money from you. Has anyone experienced this? Whats the best way to have fun and not face this? Here is a link to the story,

Your research has led you down a dark alley into "someone else's fantasy". It doesn't happen. If you believed in every scam report out of SE Asia - you'd expect to be stripped naked on the tarmac as you got off the first flight in, be urinated on, spend 20 years in jail with a transsexual called Harold as your bed mate and "mommy" and then be expelled into the West again. That doesn't happen either.
Lol. Fantasies destroyed. :facepalm:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

no one ever hears about this scam because once the guy hands over the money to the "brothers" he is brutally murdered and thrown into the Tonle Sap and goes unreported... stay safe brother
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:no one ever hears about this scam because once the guy hands over the money to the "brothers" he is brutally murdered and thrown into the Tonle Sap and goes unreported... stay safe brother
So that's what happened to Little Jimmy, I wondered where he went!!

:stir:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:no one ever hears about this scam because once the guy hands over the money to the "brothers" he is brutally murdered and thrown into the Tonle Sap and goes unreported... stay safe brother

Little Jimmy was found....
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

Dude, NO......

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:

Lol. Fantasies destroyed. :facepalm:

Damm, please tell me it can happen, as I need some more excitement in my life.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

Dude, NO......

Dont cry mate, Jimmy always said you looked like a deformed Pony whenever you cry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic