#TeamSihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: #TeamSihanoukville

Post by willyhilly »

That water looks dirty, it's fun sitting around in a wooden shack eating rubbish Khmer food though.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

willyhilly wrote:That water looks dirty, it's fun sitting around in a wooden shack eating rubbish Khmer food though.
yeah,give me the pristine waters of the mekong any day
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

The Mekong north of Phnom Penh is very clean. The next town Kompong Cham is a couple of hundred ks away and the next city Viengchan about 2000ks. And there is no industry on the river. The chickens coming home to roost with the filthy beaches at Snooky have certainly upset the natives. What a shame it has come to this.
But I remember even ten years ago when the wind was in the wrong direction the water used to be full of plastics and medical waste like syringes. Turned out the Thai dump all their rubbish in the Gulf. Snookyville is just too far up the Gulf and the water is too shallow for it to get flushed out easily.
It should flush out those annoying tourists though.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

whats you point?

the beaches south and north of shv are pristine and that water looks like the waterfalls outside of shv which has no industry up river.
its just mud and natural debris probably stirred up by the rocks
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its not JUST the thais as many of the fishing boats on the gulf are crewed by Cambodians and Burmese
Same thing happens all along the west coast of Thailand from May-Oct when the winds shift
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Hotdigr wrote:Mate, from what we could work out, they were actually cleaning the rocks! Just after this photo was taken, there was a guy scrubbing the rocks off. I had put my camera away by then, so didn't get a photo, but Ugly Dave said it would have been a classic for Rozzies new "Funny Cambodian Stuff" thread!
And it would have, but my missus had the bag and she was to far in front of me and I was a little inebriated and... well, missed the shot!
Dammit you guys!!!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Chariya
Expatriate

Post by Chariya »

I go visit Sihanoukville sometime with family, it nice and relax
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote: I'll really miss Tony. Heading to Charlie Harper's was usually one of my first stops.
Him passing was one of the things that left me questioning if I'd ever go back to Cambodia. Especially to SHV. Place would just be haunted for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic