Chinese tourists in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Chinese tourists in Thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote:140 baht per person does sound a bit steep, unless it was all expensive seafood.

WAIT
A group of 18 Chinese tourists sat down to 12 dishes, 40 bowls of rice and water in a Chiang Mai restaurant last week but when presented with the bill for 2570 baht they refused to pay.
average dish is 80-150 baht ( 960- 1,800) rice 10 baht/bowl (400) what did they drink?
water is usually 30 baht in a restaurant.

Chinese surcharge to clean up after they spit on the floor and leave a mess :stir:
Never eat in a place that doesn't advertise prices or have a menu
good advice BUT.
my last trip to Myanmar i think i saw 3 menus out of 12 days, 24 meals or so..... :-)
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I've paid that for a good breakfast in LOS! About $4 and is good price for a buffet! But shame about having pigs feeding for that!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Seems the behaviour in the toilets is even worse than in the restaurants.(Article is a bit old but OT.)
BANGKOK - A famous temple in northern Thailand will build separate toilets for Thais and other non-Chinese tourists after Chinese tourists apparently made lavatories unusable for others, German news agency DPA reported on Saturday.

Wat Rong Khun, better known as the White Temple, in Chiang Rai will add the new toilets in response to complaints about alleged grossly inconsiderate behaviour by Chinese tourists, temple officials said according to DPA.

"They had defecated on the floor, urinated on the walls outside and left sanitary pads on the wall of the bathrooms," an official who requested anonymity was quoted as saying.

The temple's designer, Chalermchai Kositpipat, said in a television interview that it was "impossible" for other tourists to use the bathrooms so he would build new ones, DPA reported.

Previously, the temple had even banned Chinese tourists altogether after Chinese tour groups left the toilets in a state of disrepair...
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi ... nts-report
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

I was in BKK and Chiang Mai at about new years. Ran into Chinese tourists regularly - mainly young people. They were not rude or troublesome at all. If anything they were calmer and more conventional that Westerners.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic