Quealy's closing end of March

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Quealy's closing end of March

Post by ExPenhMan »

Only a couple of hours ago Jess said that due to building issues, the bar has to close. :cry:

It's always a sad day when one of your fave watering holes and Cool Places goes dark. And an even sadder day when one of the town's delightful publicans moves on. To what? Don't know.

https://www.facebook.com/JessB52

Maybe this is a better link: https://www.facebook.com/JessatQuealys/?pnref=lhc

All the best, Jess!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Quealy's closing end of March

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP

Too bad, but I think she got more time out of it than she had originally thought she would. I remember her getting it for a very good deal because of the short lease.

Who wants to take bets it will be turned into a hostess bar, like everything else on that street, including the fucking bookstore.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

The street is becoming more and more an alcohol/drugs/hooker zone. On my last trip through recently, I was hit on half a dozen times for opium/weed by the skinny Khmer boys and a Viet girl dealer. Over several nights, young ladies arriving on tuktuks around Sundance gave me the "hi, how are ya?" look. Not my scene. I'd not experienced this kind of open marketing a year ago. So, yeah, once the owner deals with the building issues and finds a high-rent sucker, look for the grand opening of another hostess bar in the Quealy's spot.
Mister
Expatriate

Post by Mister »

Last few evenings!

Goodbye Quealy's

Cheers Jess
Be good, or be good at it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic