First Pedestrian Flyover Will Be Built in front of Chom Pu Wan High School

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: According to Kampuchea Thmey Daily News, The city hall declared a new project of building the first pedestrian flyover in Cambodia. The first 45.7 meter length, 3,6 meter width and 5.5 meter high, pedestrian flyover will be built outside of Phnom Pneh in front of Chom Pu Wan high school where heavy traffic happens on daily basis. The date of the construction hasn’t determined yet but the city hall confirmed that the construction will start soon. Apart from this project, the city hall planned to extend the road along National Road Number 4 in that area into 6 lanes and one concrete road each side for motorbike and drainage will be built on each side of the road too. The project is expected to help reduce the traffic accidents and traffic jam in that area.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Macmullo
Expatriate
Canada

Re: First Pedestrian Flyover Will Be Built in front of Chom Pu Wan High School

Post by Macmullo »

They just used photoshop to superimpose a typical Thai road where the road used to be. Awesome.
At least they digitally removed the garbage.
Macmullo
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Macmullo »

Furthermore, I am really impressed that they bothered to put a "stop?" sign in the rendering.
As if traffic lights mean anything.
Red means go!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

It's good news! Not useless that they visited other countries.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

People won't use it. It's too frickin' hot to bother climbing stairs in PP. Too much effort involved. Plus pedestrian bridges attract too many beggars in Thailand. It will be worse here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: First Pedestrian Flyover Will Be Built in front of Chom Pu Wan High School

Post by prahkeitouj »

Rutiger wrote:People won't use it. It's too frickin' hot to bother climbing stairs in PP. Too much effort involved. Plus pedestrian bridges attract too many beggars in Thailand. It will be worse here.
I'm sure they will use it because we need it.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

I haven't noticed them for ages. How is the PP bus system going?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Rutiger wrote:I haven't noticed them for ages. How is the PP bus system going?
The bus still works. My friend likes to take a bus whe she goes out with me. And if there are buses every road,I'd like to take it too. Even it takes time more than using our own vehicle but it is cheaper and easier.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Rutiger wrote:I haven't noticed them for ages. How is the PP bus system going?
The bus still works. My friend likes to take a bus whe she goes out with me. And if there are buses every road,I'd like to take it too. Even it takes time more than using our own vehicle but it is cheaper and easier.
And air-conditioned too, right? That must be nice this time of year.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I am pretty sure that people would use it.

For city bus, it is still running as usual. I have tried it once from the airport. In my opinion it is not really efficient. There are not so many buses, so people need to wait so long time to catch the bus. Sometime the bus couldn't stop because there were so many people on board and couldn't take more. Yes, the bus has air-conditioning, but because there are so many people on the bus, so you don't really feel it.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic