A Foreigner, Schmidlin Markus Gaston, Died in His Rented House Due To His Illness

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Foreigner, Schmidlin Markus Gaston, Died in His Rented House Due To His Illness

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A foreigner died in his rented house due to his illness

Sihanoukville: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, a foreigner who had been sick for a long time was found dead in his rented house located in group number 16, village number 5, commune number 4, Sihanoukville. He was found dead on 01 December 2015.

Police said, the deceased named Schmidlin Markus Gaston, male, 58 years old. He is long-term stay resident in Sihanoukville.

According to his wife, the deceased has had an illness long time ago and they have been living together months. Her husband needed to use walking stick to help support himself every time he went out. On that day her husband was resting in front of the room and later he died.

Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: A Foreigner, Schmidlin Markus Gaston, Died in His Rented House Due To His Illness

Post by Ed Hammer »

Lucky he had someone who watched over him in Cambodia....RIP
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
C.Schmidlin
Tourist

Re: A Foreigner, Schmidlin Markus Gaston, Died in His Rented House Due To His Illness

Post by C.Schmidlin »

OMG that's my Dad...what a Shock for me to see it here in the Internet!!!I life in Basel-City Switzerland,i have no Contact to him for many Years.And now i find this here...
It's unbelievebel for me to hear or read that my father dies :-( !Have any person some more Infos for me pleaze?My email ad was:[email protected] Tel.Number+419577084
My Name is Chris Schmidlin Belforterstrasse.124 4055 Basel
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:A foreigner died in his rented house due to his illness

Sihanoukville: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, a foreigner who had been sick for a long time was found dead in his rented house located in group number 16, village number 5, commune number 4, Sihanoukville. He was found dead on 01 December 2015.

Police said, the deceased named Schmidlin Markus Gaston, male, 58 years old. He is long-term stay resident in Sihanoukville.

According to his wife, the deceased has had an illness long time ago and they have been living together months. Her husband needed to use walking stick to help support himself every time he went out. On that day her husband was resting in front of the room and later he died.

Spoiler:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Foreigner, Schmidlin Markus Gaston, Died in His Rented House Due To His Illness

Post by General Mackevili »

C.Schmidlin wrote:OMG that's my Dad...what a Shock for me to see it here in the Internet!!!I life in Basel-City Switzerland,i have no Contact to him for many Years.And now i find this here...
It's unbelievebel for me to hear or read that my father dies :-( !Have any person some more Infos for me pleaze?My email ad was:[email protected] Tel.Number+419577084
My Name is Chris Schmidlin Belforterstrasse.124 4055 Basel
Sorry for your loss, Chris.

Are you saying that you just found out now about his death from this topic after a Google search?

I don't personally know him, but maybe another member or expat reader will see this and be able to help you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Wow. The thread is 4 nearly months old. Tough way to find out. Very sad.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

That's harsh. I hope someone can help you out and you get some closure from it.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic