The Rocky Horror Picture Show Coming to the Russian Cultural Center in Phnom Penh March 25, 26 and April 1, 2

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Coming to the Russian Cultural Center in Phnom Penh March 25, 26 and April 1, 2

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

"The Phnom Penh Players present "The Rocky Horror Show."

Fasten your garter belt for this time-warping, genderbending cult classic show which is guaranteed to thrill you, chill you and fulfill you!

Tickets are on sale NOW!

Tickets are $10 each at The Willow Boutique Hotel, Garden Cafe & Bar, The Box Office - Phnom Penh, The Laneway Boutique Guest House Bar & Grill and Your Phnom Penh.

Additional shows dates:

- 25 March @ 7:30pm
- 26 March @ 6pm
- 1 April @ 7:30pm
- 2 April @ 6pm and 10pm

Don't miss this raunchy ridiculous musical of a leather-clad transvestite, a tap-dancing bimbo and even sexy aliens.

About the show:

The Rocky Horror Show is a musical with music, lyrics and book by Richard O'Brien. A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the late 1940s through to the early 1970s, the musical tells the story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming to the home of a mad transvestite scientist unveiling his new creation, a sort of Frankenstein-style monster in the form of an artificially made, fully grown, physically perfect muscle man named Rocky Horror, complete "with blond hair and a tan."
"

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show Coming to the Russian Cultural Center in Phnom Penh March 25, 26 and April 1, 2

Post by Rutiger »

I always thought the original stage productions (and definitely the movie) were WAY over-rated, although it must have been quite different and ground-breaking for its time so I'll give it that much. Raunchy, interactive theater portraying transsexuals was something totally new back then. But I can't see how it possibly holds up 40 years later. Guys wearing dresses aren't shocking or interesting to anyone anymore. Then again, such things may be new to Cambodians, so who knows? It would be interesting to see how many locals will attend the shows. I'm guessing not many.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show Coming to the Russian Cultural Center in Phnom Penh March 25, 26 and April 1, 2

Post by General Mackevili »

I must have seen a performance when I was about 15. I thought it was amazing! The only other play I'd been to before that was probably To Kill a Mocking Bird, which was pretty lame in comparison. Shit, also saw some compilation of Edgar Allan Poe's scary stories, which was probably my favorite.

I think the most memorable part of Rocky Horror Picture Show was the interaction from the audience. When I went I knew NOTHING about it and was just shocked by how everyone interacted, saying and throwing shit.

Thinking back, I guess I went to several other plays, but they were mostly pretty boring. Not really my thing I guess.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:I must have seen a performance when I was about 15. I thought it was amazing! The only other play I'd been to before that was probably To Kill a Mocking Bird, which was pretty lame in comparison. Shit, also saw some compilation of Edgar Allan Poe's scary stories, which was probably my favorite.

I think the most memorable part of Rocky Horror Picture Show was the interaction from the audience. When I went I knew NOTHING about it and was just shocked by how everyone interacted, saying and throwing shit.

Thinking back, I guess I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual Transylvania.
FTFY :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show Coming to the Russian Cultural Center in Phnom Penh March 25, 26 and April 1,

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Thinking back, I guess I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual Transylvania.
FTFY :thumb:
Haha, that's fucked up! I was clearly dragged there by my family.

I think that only play I've ever seen on my own accord was that Blue Man Group on Broadway in NYC. Hell, even that wasn't my own idea. Fucking hipster friends. We even snuck into the wax museum and went through the whole thing backwards.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Didn't see any men in dresses when i went to Rocky Horror last year. The music is great but the stage props were mediocre. There hasn't been another musical like it so it remains a cult following.
Titanic sucked as far as props go but the acting was brilliant, when the ship was sinking they just lowered one side of a swing stage/gantry, WTF.
The worst I've seen was the Micheal Jackson musical, A girlfriend took me there by the way!
The all time cracker for me was Miss Saigon, fu%king brilliant, then again i was on some pretty good drugs :D
That's about as cultural as i get otherwise I'm a complete yobbo.
I still get asked to sing sweet transvestite at the local karaoke, hehe
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Yobbo wrote:Didn't see any men in dresses when i went to Rocky Horror last year. The music is great but the stage props were mediocre. There hasn't been another musical like it so it remains a cult following.
Titanic sucked as far as props go but the acting was brilliant, when the ship was sinking they just lowered one side of a swing stage/gantry, WTF.
The worst I've seen was the Micheal Jackson musical, A girlfriend took me there by the way!
The all time cracker for me was Miss Saigon, fu%king brilliant, then again i was on some pretty good drugs :D
That's about as cultural as i get otherwise I'm a complete yobbo.
I still get asked to sing sweet transvestite at the local karaoke, hehe
they made titanic a musical?

ive been to a few pantomimes do they count?
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Yeh they also made a musical about a bunch of cats!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Yobbo wrote:Yeh they also made a musical about a bunch of cats!
is that the one with mr mistofalese cat thing in it lol
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

got into the movie in the 90s and loved it

saw them on stage in 2002 and got irritated by the constant comments from the audience!

they are remaking the movie this year! oh dear
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic