Why should/should not date with barang?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Why should/should not date with barang?

Post by prahkeitouj »

Duncan wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:I don't know well about any Khmer or barang men, but Samouth and Duncan' post makes me laugh badly.
I am offended by you laughing at my posts. I don't laugh at yours. Your apology will be accepted.
sorry if you feel offended. I'm just surprised to hear about it. I never hear it before.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Why should/should not date with barang?

Post by Samouth »

Hey little salary i am not opening a can of worms here, however this is just an article i encountered online and something i think i could use to support my claim. Have a good read.

One in 29 French people don't take a shower even once a WEEK - while 13% do not wash their hands after using the toilet

One in 29 people in France only take a shower once a week, according to a new survey.
The study into French washing habits also found that one in five do not shower every day.
On the other end of the scale, 11.5 per cent of French men and women shower several times daily.
Hand washing, too, is ‘not always a priority for the French,’ said pollster BVA, which was commissioned to carry out the survey by hygiene product company Tork.
One eighth of those questioned said they didn’t bother washing their hands after going to the toilet and 45 per cent admitted they didn’t scrub up after being on public transport even though 54% thought buses and trains were ‘the dirtiest objects in daily life.’
More than one in five said they didn’t wash their hands before sitting down for a meal.
The bath is in decline with only 18 per cent of French people who take one once a week and 61% who say they do not bathe frequently.
The French are more aware of hygiene when they are cooking - 86.6 per cent say they always wash their hands before preparing food.
Young people are also less concerned about cleaning toilets than their elders: from 18 to 34 years, 18.9 per cent cleaned the toilet every day, against 44.9 per cent for those aged 50 to 64 years and 58.7 per cent of those over 65.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z438Rqz9iR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

At the other end of the scale, 20% wash their hands at least ten times a day
Choose from the 20% if you're worried about hygiene then.
And ahem, how many Cambodians do you think wash their hands AT LEAST 10 times a day ?
(I don't think I do either :mrgreen: .)
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

haha me too. washing hand 10 times a day is too much. BTW, ain't we talking about shower earlier ? lol
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:Hey little salary i am not opening a can of worms here, however this is just an article i encountered online and something i think i could use to support my claim. Have a good read.

One in 29 French people don't take a shower even once a WEEK - while 13% do not wash their hands after using the toilet

One in 29 people in France only take a shower once a week, according to a new survey.
The study into French washing habits also found that one in five do not shower every day.
On the other end of the scale, 11.5 per cent of French men and women shower several times daily.
Hand washing, too, is ‘not always a priority for the French,’ said pollster BVA, which was commissioned to carry out the survey by hygiene product company Tork.
One eighth of those questioned said they didn’t bother washing their hands after going to the toilet and 45 per cent admitted they didn’t scrub up after being on public transport even though 54% thought buses and trains were ‘the dirtiest objects in daily life.’
More than one in five said they didn’t wash their hands before sitting down for a meal.
The bath is in decline with only 18 per cent of French people who take one once a week and 61% who say they do not bathe frequently.
The French are more aware of hygiene when they are cooking - 86.6 per cent say they always wash their hands before preparing food.
Young people are also less concerned about cleaning toilets than their elders: from 18 to 34 years, 18.9 per cent cleaned the toilet every day, against 44.9 per cent for those aged 50 to 64 years and 58.7 per cent of those over 65.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z438Rqz9iR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Maybe because in their countries are cold, but in Cambodia is hot so they need to take bath.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:
At the other end of the scale, 20% wash their hands at least ten times a day
Choose from the 20% if you're worried about hygiene then.
And ahem, how many Cambodians do you think wash their hands AT LEAST 10 times a day ?
(I don't think I do either :mrgreen: .)
I wash my hands for many times a day. I'm sure I wash more than 10 times per day.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

prahkeitouj wrote:I wash my hands for many times a day. I'm sure I wash more than 10 times per day.
wash 10 times a day and you will get this, :D

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Yes but it becomes a habit when I lived with my aunt, she always asked me to wash my hands before I hold something to eat or after holding dirty things.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic