British pound drops on fear of "Brexit"

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: British pound drops on fear of

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:it will recover don't panic

i brought my cash over in 2014 at $1.70

in 2008 i got $1.92 to the £1 :sorry:

im sure someone was telling me a while ago that when they first came over it was like $2.50 to the £1 :shock:
I remember when I first came to Thailand back in 2002 I was getting about 44 Baht to the dollar, and Brits we're getting double that.
around 57Bht -£1 is about the best ive had it i think, lowest was about 43-44baht i think, its been up and down a lot over the past few years, its currently at 50
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British pound drops on fear of "Brexit"

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: British pound drops on fear of

Post by Rutiger »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:it will recover don't panic

i brought my cash over in 2014 at $1.70

in 2008 i got $1.92 to the £1 :sorry:

im sure someone was telling me a while ago that when they first came over it was like $2.50 to the £1 :shock:
I remember when I first came to Thailand back in 2002 I was getting about 44 Baht to the dollar, and Brits we're getting double that.
Yeah the days of 44 Thai baht to the US dollar were awesome, I got in on the tail end of that. The country was chock-a-bloc with Brits and Germans back then. Less and less now, as the Arabs and Russians swarmed in. Used to get 58 Philippine pesos to the dollar too. Those days are probably gone forever.

As for the UK pound, don't worry lads. The long term prospects for the dollar are down down down so the pound shall rise again. There will always be temporary lulls like this when there is economic uncertainty, but it never lasts very long, as the US is broke and can't pay back the money they owe. That means two things, eventual default and a dollar falling like a Chinese-built high-rise in an earthquake. The main difference is, the UK can actually still get legislation passed to deal with difficult financial issues like adults while the US government is a dysfunctional, suicidal mess that gets voted into office by promising the average American voting schmuck anything they want for free. There are no more adults in the rooms of Washington DC. No strong-but-sensible leadership in sight. People get the governments they deserve. We'll probably build a hell of a wall, though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Re: British pound drops on fear of "Brexit"

Post by ot mien kampf »

Good. I hope they quit that ego-trip for Angela Merkel. That bitch has single-handedly trashed Europe for future generations, I'd want to get the hell out of any association with her ASAP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic