2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CowshedCowboyRedux
Expatriate

Re: 2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Post by CowshedCowboyRedux »

Chiang Rai away in the second half of the season, so I may stop off for a gander for a couple of nights for an updated look enroute.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

She's gives shitsville a point for bad fashion taste.

Shitsville +1
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

CowshedCowboyRedux wrote:Chiang Rai away in the second half of the season, so I may stop off for a gander for a couple of nights for an updated look enroute.
Chiang Rai is a nice place but a bit on the sleepy side for me. The white temple, the black house(s) museum and the Oub Kham museum there are all really very much worth seeing but the street of bars near the clock tower leaves a lot to be desired and I found even the Thai restaurants there to be worse than those in Chiang Mai which is unusual given that you can find great Thai grub in almost every Thai city. Whatever you do, don't get talked into going to the Chinese tea village "close by". It's not close by and it's really not all that special either - there are better mountains to climb in Thailand.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
CowshedCowboyRedux wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
CowshedCowboyRedux wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:Good old Shitsville... always guaranteed to beat Jamie's scoring system. +1 for Shitsville.
Chiang Mai lol. The oldest backbacker in town.
Nice try. I've never owned a backpack. What peasant travels with luggage that a servant can't easily move for them? I hear a lot about backpackers in Chiang Mai but they don't seem to turn up in the volumes that Cambodia attracts - they appear to head straight to Pai nowadays without stopping. This may be because the price of a banana pancake has gone up dramatically in recent years.
Of course not, Siem Reap is geared up for them. However Chiang Mai being a University town unfortunately now ranks as the cheapest place for the crusties with a laptop to set up shop. Great shame. "Digital nomads" outpricing backpackers. :D
From what I've seen the Digital Nomad thing has peaked and is going into gentle decline too. The visa situation combined with the fact that everyone's already "been here and done it" on that scene is making Chiang Mai more a haven for broke expat retirees than anyone else. Me, I don't care. I'm renting a nicer place than in Cambodia for less money and my electricity bill has gone from $200-$400 a month to $50-$100 which is how it should be. This gives me more money to buy nice things instead of handing it to a landlord for them to buy nice things. Camera lenses are expensive and sadly, don't pay for themselves.
The "digital nomads" are still going fairly strong in the general Phuket/islands area, Bali, and probably also Kampot. I know for a fact there were dozens if not hundreds of them pushing up the prices of longer term rentals when I was last in the first two locations and anything vegan was making a killing. Cambodian internet tends to be too poor outside the major tourist centers and most don't want to put up with the mess of PP, so I assume the few in Cambodia congregate around SR.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sihanoukville 25 -17 Shitsville
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic