People are taking forum seriously and using it to attack each other?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

People are taking forum seriously and using it to attack each other?

Post by Samouth »

Reading recent posts both on Khmer 440 and CEO made me feel like, both forums are becoming useless and no interesting topics have been discussed and shared but people used them to attack each other, uncovering each other personal information and swearing at each other. Correct me if i am wrong or maybe simply help me answer this question, what is forum for?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Re: People are taking forum seriously and using it to attack each other?

Post by bkktrapper »

Samouth wrote:Reading recent posts both on Khmer 440 and CEO made me feel like, both forums are becoming useless and no interesting topics have been discussed and shared but people used them to attack each other, uncovering each other personal information and swearing at each other. Correct me if i am wrong or maybe simply help me answer this question, what is forum for?
Hahhaha that's funny
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I think you've been away too long. There's been lots of interesting stuff on CEO recently.

Who exactly is attacking who? Please report posts that you feel are out of line. And kindly refrain from attacking other posters, even if they attacked you first.

Now it's after 10 o'clock Samouth. Off to bed now. Goodnight.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Samouth wrote:Reading recent posts both on Khmer 440 and CEO made me feel like, both forums are becoming useless and no interesting topics have been discussed and shared but people used them to attack each other, uncovering each other personal information and swearing at each other. Correct me if i am wrong or maybe simply help me answer this question, what is forum for?
A forum has different purposes to different people, and different purposes to the same person at different times. Sometimes it can cover serious discussion and sometimes it breaks down into personal squabbling, just like real-life interactions. For me it's just a way to pass some time in the background while I'm working on other things online.

Haven't I read some comments of yours where you insult other posters? I'm sure I have. Not everybody will get along all the time. So just take from the forum what suits you and contribute to the forum what interests you and who cares about what others think or post? There are those who contribute nothing of any value and only get their pleasure from being disruptive asshats. Best to ignore those types and you will often find that they will quickly lose interest and move on after a while. You don't have to repsond to every smartass remark someone makes just to get a reaction out of you. Or you can respond with attacks of your own, but then you can't really complain about that type of behavior of others if you do it too.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Username Taken wrote:I think you've been away too long. There's been lots of interesting stuff on CEO recently.

Who exactly is attacking who? Please report posts that you feel are out of line. And kindly refrain from attacking other posters, even if they attacked you first.

Now it's after 10 o'clock Samouth. Off to bed now. Goodnight.
Yes, i see it. The whatever thread. Hopefully there will be 700 pages followed.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Rutiger wrote:
A forum has different purposes to different people, and different purposes to the same person at different times. Sometimes it can cover serious discussion and sometimes it breaks down into personal squabbling, just like real-life interactions. For me it's just a way to pass some time in the background while I'm working on other things online.

Haven't I read some comments of yours where you insult other posters? I'm sure I have. Not everybody will get along all the time. So just take from the forum what suits you and contribute to the forum what interests you and who cares about what others think or post? There are those who contribute nothing of any value and only get their pleasure from being disruptive asshats. Best to ignore those types and you will often find that they will quickly lose interest and move on after a while. You don't have to repsond to every smartass remark someone makes just to get a reaction out of you. Or you can respond with attacks of your own, but then you can't really complain about that type of behavior of others if you do it too.
It is like once in a blue moon that i would initially attack anyone in the forum. Most of the time i was attacked first and i just replied with some mean words that i picked up from time to time. However, you are new to the forum, and you don't know much about me, so it is okay. I think you are right. Maybe i should just refrain from posting if i can't stand with bitching on forums.

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Samouth is complaining about uninteresting thread topics?
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Samouth wrote: Maybe i should just refrain from posting if i can't stand with bitching on forums.
Up to you, of course. You can just as easily ignore the things you don't like on the forum and concentrate on the topics you do like. But no point continuing to participate in a forum if it makes you unhappy. If you don't like how things are, then work to change them and set the example for others.

I see you have 3,269 post on CEO already, so obvioulsy this forum meant quite a bit to you not so long ago. :thumb:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Cam Nivag wrote:Samouth is complaining about uninteresting thread topics?
Sort of, maybe you should post more on CEO :D

Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Rutiger wrote:
Samouth wrote: Maybe i should just refrain from posting if i can't stand with bitching on forums.
Up to you, of course. You can just as easily ignore the things you don't like on the forum and concentrate on the topics you do like. But no point continuing to participate in a forum if it makes you unhappy. If you don't like how things are, then work to change them and set the example for others.

I see you have 3,269 post on CEO already, so obvioulsy this forum meant quite a bit to you not so long ago. :thumb:
Wow, i didn't realise that i have posted that much on CEO. So i wasted so much time on CEO. :facepalm:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic