"Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by flying chicken »

Stalker!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

flying chicken wrote:Stalker!
I can't figure out if you're a uber-clever computer program or a real human being...hard to stalk data methinks...still, very narrow slits of light appear at times from the massive clouds of swirling smoke that is "aerial poultry"....
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Re:

Post by Born-Confused »

dagenham wrote:They're fucking with the natives' belief systems with their truckload of resources and superior educations. And that's OK? Live and let live? Not.
D, you do know the history of Buddhism in Cambodia don't you? Maybe you better get the history books out......

Just saying :beer3:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Joker Poker wrote:Didn't Jesus say that was how it would be?

I hate to see people devour Christians in this country whilst ignoring all the scamming monks here as though orange robes were some kind of righteousness. There is big money in running wats.
This. Many times over.

And the fools that think Buddhism is indigenous to Cambodia. "Don't bring Christianity here, this country has ALWAYS been Buddhist, you, you... (lost for any relevant way to insult do-gooders) ... child molester scum!" ;)
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Are you an active missionary, Stroppy?

Probably a bit hard to define, but I hope you know what I mean.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
flying chicken wrote:
Digg3r wrote:
It's missionaries that prey on the vulnerable, uneducated and poor using trickery, fear and deception that make me sick to the stomach.
Agreed.
Seconded - it's one of the few things that gets me truly furious.
Says the missionary whose only (true - not camouflaged) goal is to convert non-believers. The Great Pretender Stroppy! Disgusting...
Brother, your stupidity and assumptions (like most stupidity and assumptions) are appalling. The posters on this forum who have met me in person know exactly how ridiculous your hatred is - why do you think you're the only one flaming me? You've made your hate-filled little point, you've made it very personal, no-one is siding with you, just sit your aged behind down and have a few more beers. I can take this from you all day long, every day, for as long as you like, but the only one you're harming is yourself. You've said nothing new for quite a while now, yet you're still posting page after page of the same nonsense. No-one is unclear on your thoughts on the matter, but if you want to be 'that expat' that just gets stuck in the same groove, go for it - it doesn't cost me a thing. Bless you, mate.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Didn't Jesus say that was how it would be?

I hate to see people devour Christians in this country whilst ignoring all the scamming monks here as though orange robes were some kind of righteousness. There is big money in running wats.
This. Many times over.

And the fools that think Buddhism is indigenous to Cambodia. "Don't bring Christianity here, this country has ALWAYS been Buddhist, you, you... (lost for any relevant way to insult do-gooders) ... child molester scum!" ;)
Digging far enough back in history results in no "indigenous" anything at all anywhere. It's all borrowed/imposed/influenced by other competing/adjacent cultures.

Empty ridiculous red herring if there ever was one. The Middle East? History? Blah Blah Blah...

Now is now and Buddhism has been the dominate religion for some time. And, again, any missionaries representing any faith is the core issue here. Now and here in Cambodia.

And Stroppy (and his cohort/defenders who are all Christians of course) are actively working to "save souls" through any means possible. Why? Because it is the most urgent and highest value goal as outlined repeatedly in the bible. Convert! Convert! Convert!

All the rest is smoke screen deflecting denial...never trust what any missionary "says" becasue their singular goal will trump all other concerns. Period.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:Are you an active missionary, Stroppy?

Probably a bit hard to define, but I hope you know what I mean.
Finally - a sensible question. Thanks Tim!

We're in Cambodia as commissioned (that is, a Church of Christ congregation has 'sent us out' under their name/letterhead) missionaries, but our sole goal here is to provide free education (I'm a Professor of Education (Languages), Mrs Stroppy has multiple diplomas in business process, HR, etc) - no religious strings, no Christian overtures, nada. Just free education to those that can't afford it. The mouth-foamers won't be able to accept that, because they can't conceive of doing good for others just out of humanity - much easier to sit behind a beer and lob grenades from the relative anonymity of the Internet. But do we truly care what those expats think of our motivation and purpose for being here. Honestly, not in the least.

To get religious for just a moment, Christ gave us two new commandments - a) to go out into the whole world and preach His gospel, and b) to be good to others, especially those who have it harder than us, in the same way that He would be if He were physically here. The local churches have the first point sewn up in spades - the uptake of Christianity through indigenous churches is phenomenal here, they don't need us to either tell them their business or get involved. Like the kid who gave his lunch and in turn fed the masses, we bring what we have (education) to those that don't have it and can't get it unless someone empowers them to change their circumstances.

After teaching in Australia for 20 years, and being rewarded with a nice little redundancy payout from the government, I have the opportunity to do what I want for a change (see? a selfish motivation!) and get back to teaching people who want to learn.

Honestly, thanks for the question - I bet you already suspected that was my answer?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:... angry hatey rambling...
You really are insecure, aren't you? So threatened by something you don't believe in anyway, and probably just looking to hide the fact that many of the more recent Christians in your personal little kingdom are here doing such good purely humanitarian work that it just might show you up for what you really are, and what other expats (even your drinking mates) really see you for, and that you are only now starting to suspect you can no longer hide through all your bravado. I'm sorry that your life has become this... brother.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
flying chicken wrote:
Digg3r wrote:
It's missionaries that prey on the vulnerable, uneducated and poor using trickery, fear and deception that make me sick to the stomach.
Agreed.
Seconded - it's one of the few things that gets me truly furious.
Says the missionary whose only (true - not camouflaged) goal is to convert non-believers. The Great Pretender Stroppy! Disgusting...
Brother, your stupidity and assumptions (like most stupidity and assumptions) are appalling. The posters on this forum who have met me in person know exactly how ridiculous your hatred is - why do you think you're the only one flaming me? You've made your hate-filled little point, you've made it very personal, no-one is siding with you, just sit your aged behind down and have a few more beers. I can take this from you all day long, every day, for as long as you like, but the only one you're harming is yourself. You've said nothing new for quite a while now, yet you're still posting page after page of the same nonsense. No-one is unclear on your thoughts on the matter, but if you want to be 'that expat' that just gets stuck in the same groove, go for it - it doesn't cost me a thing. Bless you, mate.
The "good guy" passive role yet again...old pose, Brother. Reread the posts - there are a number of other posters who agree with my arguments and then, of course, the "flock" of other Christians rising to defend your stance.

You never actually address any direct questions about "missionary work" - that's your dominate strategy...again, in person, you're probably a "nice guy" and that's your affect/style in converting others. That doesn't make it right.

And, yes, I hate what you are doing - not necessarily you as a person. You've been hoodwinked by a dodgy belief system that demands proselytizing and, for some personal reason, you feel the need exercise power over others who are inferior in education and resources.

I'm not going to change you, of course, but maybe, just maybe, if enough people like me attempt to expose your nefarious activities then it will result in a groundswell of resistance. It's a battle zone for souls after all, right? That's the only reason you're here...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic