"Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by Digg3r »

I got a lot of scorn from the ex pat scum of my old town for displaying this sign at my entrance. But for every dollar it lost me it gained me $10 more from great people that were also disgusted at the exploitative nature of the filth.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Childish chest beating nonsense.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

dagenham wrote:
I am stridently "against" missionaries of any stripe.

... in this feeling and I think ...
Serious question.

Besides your feelings.... And your thinking.... Do you actually spend any time going around and educating the locals on these evil people? It would just seem wrong if you think that they're the worst of the worst in town, but don't go around trying to save them from being saved. I would assume someone who feels this strongly would spend several hours a week going around and preventing these atrocities.

Do you, or is it just fun to debate online?

Serious question, I'm not just trying to bicker or play the devil's advocate here.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Is it childish? Or is is making a stand against those that exploit the poor and vulnerable?
Perhaps you think it's ok to tear apart families. To put brother against sister, child against parent. In Phnom Penh you do not encounter the destruction caused by missionaries but you certainly do in the provinces. To do nothing would be to condone the activities.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Didn't Jesus say that was how it would be?

I hate to see people devour Christians in this country whilst ignoring all the scamming monks here as though orange robes were some kind of righteousness. There is big money in running wats.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Joker Poker wrote: There is big money in running twats.
Fixed that for you.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
flying chicken wrote:
Digg3r wrote:
It's missionaries that prey on the vulnerable, uneducated and poor using trickery, fear and deception that make me sick to the stomach.
Agreed.
Seconded - it's one of the few things that gets me truly furious.
Says the missionary whose only (true - not camouflaged) goal is to convert non-believers. The Great Pretender Stroppy! Disgusting...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

How do you think the Catholics owns a lot of property all over the world? If they really mean it, materialism is nothing and abusing and killing kids (from the public eyes). Then you have shits like the Mormon, Evangalists, Seventh Day etc....one believes in Jesus, the other believe in Mother Mary....and they all pray on different days. Fuck I am confused.

My mother is a Buddhism, I on the other hand have no religion. But I am very sure that no one trying to convert to buddhism. My point is, let me people think for themselves.
Last edited by flying chicken on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re:

Post by dagenham »

General Mackevili wrote:
dagenham wrote:
I am stridently "against" missionaries of any stripe.

... in this feeling and I think ...
Serious question.

Besides your feelings.... And your thinking.... Do you actually spend any time going around and educating the locals on these evil people? It would just seem wrong if you think that they're the worst of the worst in town, but don't go around trying to save them from being saved. I would assume someone who feels this strongly would spend several hours a week going around and preventing these atrocities.

Do you, or is it just fun to debate online?

Serious question, I'm not just trying to bicker or play the devil's advocate here.
Legit question, G-mack. What I really want to do is inform those who don't really understand what missionaries are doing here. I can't force them to leave or influence legislation or canvas the city with leaflets telling the populace about this plague.

Of course, that is precisely why they're here largely unopposed (and countries like this one) and not in the developed Western/Asian societies pedaling their wares. Here they have the immense power of resources and also there is basically no law or obviously enforcement if there is one either. Some countries have tried to regulate and/or restrict the missionaries from disturbing the indigenous people and their native customs, etc.

Stroppy is the worst kind - arrogant, self-righteous under a facade of "Good 'Ol Boy" veneer. No wonder he has anger issues and they might be the primary source of his insecurity. Hence, his compulsion to exercise power "from God" to convert the natives.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Joker Poker wrote:Childish chest beating nonsense.
Says the "Closet Christian", mate of Stroppy...you're as transparent as the local beer, Brother...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic