Milk

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Milk

Post by ExPenhMan »

Zero. Became lactose intolerant a couple of decades ago after a severe stomach flu. I don't miss it at all. Oddly enough, I can eat cheese now. I go through periods of eating muesli for a week or two but use soy milk, which took a lot of getting used to.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

ExPenhMan wrote:Zero. Became lactose intolerant a couple of decades ago after a severe stomach flu. I don't miss it at all. Oddly enough, I can eat cheese now. I go through periods of eating muesli for a week or two but use soy milk, which took a lot of getting used to.
For adults, soy milk is excellent for you (unsweetened and preferably non-fat) and milk is not healthy at all. Whole milk especially is fatty mucous laden goop and grown ups simply don't need it. Non-fat is another story, but soy milk still trumps its benefits 10 fold.

Add non-fat unsweetened yogurt to your museli and soy milk for a substantial digestive and taste plus!

I eat a bowl each and every day for breakfast and I am 60 looking like, well, 59!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:
vladimir wrote:This topic has been milked already, we should lait it be now.
Nice puns Vlad!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

dagenham wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:Zero. Became lactose intolerant a couple of decades ago after a severe stomach flu. I don't miss it at all. Oddly enough, I can eat cheese now. I go through periods of eating muesli for a week or two but use soy milk, which took a lot of getting used to.
For adults, soy milk is excellent for you (unsweetened and preferably non-fat) and milk is not healthy at all. Whole milk especially is fatty mucous laden goop and grown ups simply don't need it. Non-fat is another story, but soy milk still trumps its benefits 10 fold.

Add non-fat unsweetened yogurt to your museli and soy milk for a substantial digestive and taste plus!

I eat a bowl each and every day for breakfast and I am 60 looking like, well, 59!
I agree with you, adults should not be drinking milk. Milk sugar is the hardest thing for the tummy to digest and we simply don't need it. Calcium you can get in a dozen ways. My fave soy milks are either So Good or Silk brands. For muesli, sometimes I merely use Bulla brand yoghurt with active bacterial culture, no soy milk. Frankly, I wouldn't trust whole milk, what with the antibiotics and other stuff they feed cows.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

ExPenhMan wrote:
dagenham wrote:

I agree with you, adults should not be drinking milk. Milk sugar is the hardest thing for the tummy to digest and we simply don't need it. Calcium you can get in a dozen ways. My fave soy milks are either So Good or Silk brands. For muesli, sometimes I merely use Bulla brand yoghurt with active bacterial culture, no soy milk. Frankly, I wouldn't trust whole milk, what with the antibiotics and other stuff they feed cows.
High dairy fat intake related to less central obesity: a male cohort study with 12 years' follow-up.

CONCLUSION:
A high intake of dairy fat was associated with a lower risk of central obesity and a low dairy fat intake was associated with a higher risk of central obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23320900

The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease.

CONCLUSIONS:
The observational evidence does not support the hypothesis that dairy fat or high-fat dairy foods contribute to obesity or cardiometabolic risk, and suggests that high-fat dairy consumption within typical dietary patterns is inversely associated with obesity risk. Although not conclusive, these findings may provide a rationale for future research into the bioactive properties of dairy fat and the impact of bovine feeding practices on the health effects of dairy fat.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

ExPenhMan wrote:
dagenham wrote:

I agree with you, adults should not be drinking milk. Milk sugar is the hardest thing for the tummy to digest and we simply don't need it. Calcium you can get in a dozen ways. My fave soy milks are either So Good or Silk brands. For muesli, sometimes I merely use Bulla brand yoghurt with active bacterial culture, no soy milk.

[b] Frankly, I wouldn't trust whole milk, what with the antibiotics and other stuff they feed cows.

But would you trust soy , that has been sprayed with chemicals by workers that cannot even read application rates and the instructions and lets not talk about if we can trust those big chemical manufacture's.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Duncan wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:
dagenham wrote:

I agree with you, adults should not be drinking milk. Milk sugar is the hardest thing for the tummy to digest and we simply don't need it. Calcium you can get in a dozen ways. My fave soy milks are either So Good or Silk brands. For muesli, sometimes I merely use Bulla brand yoghurt with active bacterial culture, no soy milk.

[b] Frankly, I wouldn't trust whole milk, what with the antibiotics and other stuff they feed cows.

But would you trust soy , that has been sprayed with chemicals by workers that cannot even read application rates and the instructions and lets not talk about if we can trust those big chemical manufacture's.
Good point. Soy milk aint soy milk aint soy milk as some are certified "organic". All processed foods are to be examined closely.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Kuroneko wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:
dagenham wrote:

High dairy fat intake related to less central obesity: a male cohort study with 12 years' follow-up.

CONCLUSION:
A high intake of dairy fat was associated with a lower risk of central obesity and a low dairy fat intake was associated with a higher risk of central obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23320900

The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease.

CONCLUSIONS:
The observational evidence does not support the hypothesis that dairy fat or high-fat dairy foods contribute to obesity or cardiometabolic risk, and suggests that high-fat dairy consumption within typical dietary patterns is inversely associated with obesity risk. Although not conclusive, these findings may provide a rationale for future research into the bioactive properties of dairy fat and the impact of bovine feeding practices on the health effects of dairy fat.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464
Just another "red herring". There is a massive library that one can reference that will say, in sum, that no one type of food ever makes you obese. Hello? there be a large % of fatties and it aint related to their dietary habits mostly, They simply don't burn the calories that they are eating. Aint rocket science - your body is just an engine and you must burn what you consume to stay healthy. Easy. Simple. Direct.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic