"Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by General Mackevili »

So you're on the fence with the issue. That's fine.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

flying chicken wrote:By the way, I lose count the numbers of mormons....bunch of cunts taking advantage of those in poverty and tried to convert...the ones on bicycles. Oh and the Cham, their belief is that if you drink your own sperm will make your age younger. They are one of the craziest and extremist.
Darn! You and I are a united front. Who wudda thunk? Let's run the Mormons off the roads together - or, at the very least, spit on them as they ride by.

Cham? I like them and their food is the best in the Kingdom...tasty curries...better to consume your own sperm than prey on the defenseless like the missionaries do here...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I have seen enough from the missionaries in the kingdom to make me sick but the Mormons I do not class as the same sick bunch. At least in Battambang the Mormons seemed only interested in converting the middle class. That is the ones with an education and money. Therefor they had the right to a fair decision.

It's missionaries that prey on the vulnerable, uneducated and poor using trickery, fear and deception that make me sick to the stomach.

It is psychological abuse so they are indeed child abusers if they are targeting children for their conversions.

Funny I didn't pick StroppyChops for being a missionary. He displays a different kind of self centered arrogance. He certainly does display the white Christian superiority against the poor little brown heathen syndrome. Hell, they need saving!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Digg3r wrote:
It's missionaries that prey on the vulnerable, uneducated and poor using trickery, fear and deception that make me sick to the stomach.
Agreed.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Dags, you really are looking rather silly here. Out of your depth.

Why are you bothered by something that you say doesn't exist?

Irrational dude.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

So what are you saying. Digger is a hypocrite?
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Digg3r wrote:I have seen enough from the missionaries in the kingdom to make me sick but the Mormons I do not class as the same sick bunch. At least in Battambang the Mormons seemed only interested in converting the middle class. That is the ones with an education and money. Therefor they had the right to a fair decision.

It is psychological abuse so they are indeed child abusers if they are targeting children for their conversions.

Funny I didn't pick StroppyChops for being a missionary. He displays a different kind of self centered arrogance. He certainly does display the white Christian superiority against the poor little brown heathen syndrome. Hell, they need saving!
Finally, a voice of reason. Re: the Mormons - you are dead on. But why do they only target the middle classes? Because they can tithe handsomely the 10% required to get to the fluffy clouds and Mormons are all about $$. Just look at their temples fro proof positive of that! They should also be wiped out (not as in killed but prevented from doing any "missionary work" in 3rd world countries). Still your point is well taken and valid - the middle class does have tools to discern and make informed decisions.

Stroppy obviously plays the "Regular Joe" pose to disarm the critics and skeptics. And he probably is, as I said earlier, a nice bloke to meet in a bar, a restaurant, etc. Also, when preying on the poor the "nice guy" approach is most effective.

If you read his posts he never addresses any of the points I raised and when I provided irrefutable proof of his own inquiries there, of course, no comment from him (i.e. a bible passage threatening unequivocally damnation/hell for all non-believers, my own description of my stance as an agnostic which was the exact sane as Merriam's dictionary).

This is the classic passive/aggressive posture. He is a "faithful" deluded imposter on a, self-defined, "mission" to convert lost souls. He is not really a "nice guy" at all and is doing harm to others in this country under the banner of "I have the only true religion".
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Joker Poker wrote:Dags, you really are looking rather silly here. Out of your depth.

Why are you bothered by something that you say doesn't exist?

Irrational dude.
Read the posts more carefully. I am not "against" Christianity or any other belief system (although I do think that they are all elaborate stories for the insecure).

I am stridently "against" missionaries of any stripe. There is no "belief" required from a naysayer or critic as what they do is patently wrong. Again I am not alone in this feeling and I think that probably the majority of non-believers are also against missionary "work".
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:...
Digg3r! Good to see you mate, you haven't stalked me for a while now! Have some positive karma!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

flying chicken wrote:
Digg3r wrote:
Agreed.
Seconded - it's one of the few things that gets me truly furious.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic