Good News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Good News

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:build it and they will come
Actually there is some general truth to that line of thought. If you want to entice qualified, experienced lecturers to Bumfuck Cambodia, a brand new, modern and fully equipped laboratory and lecture hall may go alot better than "gather around in the dust under the old mango tree for a lecture on electronic capacitors, students!". Now of course i'm not saying the new building WILL actually be modern or well-equipped, but theoretically "if you build it they will come" is not entirely invalid. Maybe more like "IF you build it right, you have SOME chance of a successful educational program coming together".
Sounds a bit like Smith's invisible hand if you ask me.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Rutiger wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:build it and they will come
Actually there is some general truth to that line of thought. If you want to entice qualified, experienced lecturers to Bumfuck Cambodia, a brand new, modern and fully equipped laboratory and lecture hall may go alot better than "gather around in the dust under the old mango tree for a lecture on electronic capacitors, students!". Now of course i'm not saying the new building WILL actually be modern or well-equipped, but theoretically "if you build it they will come" is not entirely invalid. Maybe more like "IF you build it right,

you have SOME chance of a successful educational program coming together".

Again,, only if you have good and qualified teachers, which means paying a good salary.

If I had the choice between getting a job at a school with extra good salary, perks and conditions, but teaching under a mango tree, or a new building and fuck all else,,,,, I know what I would choose.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

yeah until you were bitten to fuck hot and got sick of the kids complaining that all there friends had proper seats and a building to learn in

bloody hippy
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SinnSisamouth wrote:yeah until you were bitten to fuck hot and got sick of the kids complaining that all there friends had proper seats and a building to learn in

bloody hippy

Is there such a thing as a 69 year old [ me ] hippy in Cambodia.

The modern way to learn is '' online '' . You don't need no building or proper armchair seats .
It's people like you who are stuck with old hippy ideas from the past about education and learning.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

yes because all Cambodians have Internet access and laptops

idiot
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SinnSisamouth wrote:yes because all Cambodians have Internet access and laptops

idiot
Yes, but even idiots know that money spent on land and buildings, is better spent on buying those laptops and providing wifi internet access so students can sit under a mango tree learning. It's got something to do with keeping up with modern technology .
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Well come on all you school teachers out there. Don't let this be an argument between two idiots as to who is right or not.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

speak for yourself
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops