Thai teacher beats girls for looking like hilltribe children

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Thai teacher beats girls for looking like hilltribe children

Post by Rutiger »

This teacher is begging for a serious beatdown of his own. What a prick.
A high-school student on Wednesday posted a video of her teacher striking her classmates in the head because he did not want them to look like hilltribe children.

"This happened at a renowned school in Pathum Thani province," the student wrote. "The teacher did not want the students to wear warm clothes when they lined up in the morning to sing the national anthem, because they would resemble hilltribe children.
"Nothing will happen to the teacher. At most, the school director will just have a quick talk with him and everything's settled. We, students, can't do much."
The video shows several students standing in front of the blackboard in a classroom. The teacher shouted at them, called out their names, and hit them hard in the head.
Net users criticised the teacher for using "excessive force" against the students, and accused him of looking down upon children living in the hills and poor people.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Thai teacher beats girls for looking like hilltribe children

Post by Username Taken »

^^ I guess the teacher just wanted to preserve traditional Thai culture. (Dont' question authority).
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote: Net users criticised the teacher for using "excessive force" against the students, and accused him of looking down upon children living in the hills and poor people.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/[/quote]
I was chatting to one of my private students after class last month and the subject of the poor came up. I asked the question ' when are Cambodians going to start respecting the poor?' He is a middle-class Sino/Khmer who works for a US company, has been to the US, and works in environmentalism.
He didn't answer the question but just gave me a look of non-comprehension swiftly moving on to one of horror. I think I caught him off-guard.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

one of the joys /privileges of living in asia and being born to a higher than middle class status ( or light color skin) is the "RIGHT" to look down on those poorer than you.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Fourkinnel wrote:....
^ teachers enforcing classroom discipline is one thing, a teacher lining up and punching cowering schoolgirls for how poor they look is quite another.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Judging from your avatar you look like you understand a joke pic, so read the script on the image, and maybe you see the humor in what I posted, its made up!. If you cant take humor, please enlighten us how you can change things that happen in Thailand culture.
Personally I hope the teacher gets the same treatment from the kids parents, mine would have!. Something like that experienced as a kid would not be forgotten quickly. It's good that it was filmed, not for the teacher hopefully!
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Fourkinnel wrote:Judging from your avatar you look like you understand a joke pic, so read the script on the image, and maybe you see the humor in what I posted, its made up!. If you cant take humor, please enlighten us how you can change things that happen in Thailand culture.
I can take a joke, sure. That image is funny. I was replying to that image and not having a go at you for posting it. I took that image as someone ( whoever created it) taking the piss about whining schoolkids these days complaining about discipline from teachers that we all endured when we were kids. I was making the point that there is a big difference in strict discipline for unruly students (which I am very much in favor of) and lining up girls and beating them solely for their appearance. It's an apples and oranges comparison.

As to how to change things in Thailand, fuck if I know. It's not my responsibility to change anything anywhere, but I'm free to comment on anything that catches my attention. Forums tend to go rather quiet without comment and opinions. An internet forum is not a place for real solutions to humanity's shortcomings.
Last edited by Rutiger on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I couldn't agree more, No worries ! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic