A Muslim English Teacher Has a Complaint in Saudi Arabia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: A Muslim English Teacher Has a Complaint in Saudi Arabia

Post by General Mackevili »

Ok, this is why they erased "Important Dates" off the whiteboard, and I'm not even joking...

Because the lowercase t's look like crosses.
:facepalm:

And since the lowercase t's looked like the Christian crucifix, they shouldn't be on a whiteboard in Saudi Arabia, where all of our students are Muslims.

I wish I was making this up, and you might think I'm leaving something out or exaggerating, but that's it.

The American teacher's t's looked like this:

And the Egyptian teacher said he needs to draw his t's with a "tail" so that they don't look like a cross, LoL.

Like this:

There you have it. Dot your eyes, but be careful when you cro$$ your t's.

And do I have a front row seat to watch World War III?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /80446470/

http://www.infowars.com/world-war-3-cou ... ade-syria/

:popcorn:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

You laugh about it but the largest man-made cruciform object in the world is in Arabia and you are not allowed to take pictures of it from the sea because of that - despite it being part of one of the world's most iconic buildings.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Sounds like the natives have risen chap.
Don't be like Gordon at Khartoum.

It is worth knowing that the King of that benighted wasteland has moblised 350,000 active troops in a state of readiness.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jesus... Wait um...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

It's hard to pick a good side between the current, twisted Saudi regime and the possibilities of what takes it's place, but I'd still prefer the former to the latter. I don't see any Arab moderates taking over anywhere in that region. I've been hearing for ages that the only solution to problems in the middle east is to "support the moderates". You might as well say "support the happy fairy pixie flying unicorns who poop bubblegum pie and piss rainbows" because neither exist or have any chance of taking over anything. The Saudis may have an army of 350k and modern weaponry, but then again so did the Iraqi army under Nouri Al-Maliki and his army fought like blind, retarded 3 year olds and now all their weaponry is in the hands of ISIL. When, not if, but when the Saudis start to lose that conflict, the US will send ground troops in and then the downward spiral accelerates.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Muslim English Teacher Has a Complaint in Saudi Arabia

Post by General Mackevili »

Rutiger wrote:You might as well say "support the happy fairy pixie flying unicorns who poop bubblegum pie and piss rainbows" because neither exist or have any chance of taking over anything.
Can't argue with that.

It's hard to fathom that there are religious fanatics that actually take offense in the way you write letters of the alphabet. This belongs on a Seinfeld episode.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

If you are in Saudi Arabia now, I'd be looking for other work elsewhere before it's too late. Take the financial hit and get the f*ck out. When terrorist attacks do happen in Saudi they tend to be aimed squarely at foreigners, preferably Amercians, and those locals who you feel you can trust now can very well be the same people who turn you over to ISIS supporters for $$$. Next thing you know you'll get disappeared only to reappear later starring in a youtube video wearing an orange jump suit in the desert.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic