Walking Street Sweep Nets 30 Foreigners Without Proper Papers in Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Walking Street Sweep Nets 30 Foreigners Without Proper Papers in Pattaya

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:you will NOT be arrested; (jamie they will not follow you back to your room) LOL
you MIGHT be detained until someone can bring your passport to the police station, ( as what happened to the people in the article) and than will be let go, no charge, no fine
If you cant produce your passport than u will be arrested

Thailand is not Kansas
what about if i just start running back to my room, they will have to follow me then? :dragonchase: :lol:
or i'll offer them tea and biscuits, they wont be able to resist haha :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: Walking Street Sweep Nets 30 Foreigners Without Proper Papers in Pattaya

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phuketrichard wrote:you will NOT be arrested; (jamie they will not follow you back to your room) LOL
you MIGHT be detained until someone can bring your passport to the police station, ( as what happened to the people in the article) and than will be let go, no charge, no fine

Thailand is not Kansas
So if it's not the LAW to carry your passport, as you state, what is the reason for them to detain you?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as far as i understand
1. to prove who you are
2. prove your on a valid visa
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Thailand is not Kansas
what about if i just start running back to my room, they will have to follow me then? :dragonchase: :lol:
rich tea or bourbon ?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Thailand is not Kansas
rich tea or bourbon ?
chocolate digestives buddy
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

one thing;

ur saying its the law to carry ur passport, (OR)
BUT why when u don't have it,
they don't arrest you or write you a ticket or fine you or make you go to court
all they do is detain you till you produce it so they can verify who you are and your on a valid visa. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, what with so many they arrest for overstays

If ur caught driving with out a drivers license but tell them its at home
do they give you a ticket or allow someone to bring it to show them an all is well

Just saying
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

phuketrichard wrote:one thing;

I'm not saying it's the law, the law says it's the law. Whether or not individual police enforce that law or any law all the time or punish violators to the full extent of the law is irrelevant to that fact. Growing up when marijuana in the US was 100% illegal, some cops could catch you with small amounts and make you dump it down the sewer grate and let you off with a stern warning and other cops would haul you in and charge you with criminal possession for even lesser amounts. The same for teens getting caught graffiti-ing buildings. That doesn't mean those infractions weren't against the law.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Rutiger wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:one thing;

I'm not saying it's the law, the law says it's the law. Whether or not individual police enforce that law or any law all the time or punish violators to the full extent of the law is irrelevant to that fact. Growing up when marijuana in the US was 100% illegal, some cops could catch you with small amounts and make you dump it down the sewer grate and let you off with a stern warning and other cops would haul you in and charge you with criminal possession for even lesser amounts. The same for teens getting caught graffiti-ing buildings. That doesn't mean those infractions weren't against the law.

agreed .
Its who you get and how you deal with em.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the police in thailand are cheaper and better quality
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic