Proposal to eliminate the $100 bill

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Proposal to eliminate the $100 bill

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
beaker wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:It won't ever happen. It's not in the US' interests to let it happen. While the bankers may be unaware of the rest of the world, the US government is not - the $100 bill is pretty much the defacto second currency of the world - if it went, people would start looking elsewhere. In failed states and places with sky rocketing inflation - the US dollar is a holdout currency against disaster. Then of course there's the little issue of 1 in 3 US bank notes in global circulation being fake... whole economies could collapse if they tried to withdraw the $100 bill from circulation.

The 500 Euro note is gone but the 1000 CHF and SGD notes are both still readily available. Having moved 100K Euro in 500 Euro notes out of Saudi (neatly avoiding withholding taxes along the way) - I can say that big denomination notes do come in handy at times.
The government has nothing to say about it the Federal Reserve a private Bank controls that
Perhaps in Pixie Land that is true but in reality if a private bank fucks with the stability of the USD - they'll soon find themselves under government direction like it or not.
the banks own the government, the US government are trillions of dollars in debt to the banks, why would the banks become under government direction? lol
Want to own a bank? You don't do it through deposits - you do it through borrowing. Borrow a few grand and the bank owns you; borrow billions and you own the bank. It's always been that way. No matter the infantile arguments of conspiracy theorists...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Maybe you should try to google instead of insults
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

beaker wrote:Maybe you should try to google instead of insults
Maybe you should stop bleating conspiracy theories and get a life? Google is only useful as a tool if you have the intelligence to interpret the data. When you start believing that the $100 bill will disappear because "Google" - you have serious issues in your life. I know it's the Cambodia expat syndrome; slow news week - start investing your soul into whatever kind of stupidity is trending on Twitter.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
beaker wrote:Maybe you should try to google instead of insults
Maybe you should stop bleating conspiracy theories and get a life? Google is only useful as a tool if you have the intelligence to interpret the data. When you start believing that the $100 bill will disappear because "Google" - you have serious issues in your life. I know it's the Cambodia expat syndrome; slow news week - start investing your soul into whatever kind of stupidity is trending on Twitter.
Never said that
I said the federal reserve bank controls the US currancy not the government.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

We're almost a cashless society already in the Western world. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, although so far it's quite convenient. As hackers get more advanced, bank accounts and debit/credit cards will be even less secure. It doesn't bode well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
beaker wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:It won't ever happen. It's not in the US' interests to let it happen. While the bankers may be unaware of the rest of the world, the US government is not - the $100 bill is pretty much the defacto second currency of the world - if it went, people would start looking elsewhere. In failed states and places with sky rocketing inflation - the US dollar is a holdout currency against disaster. Then of course there's the little issue of 1 in 3 US bank notes in global circulation being fake... whole economies could collapse if they tried to withdraw the $100 bill from circulation.

The 500 Euro note is gone but the 1000 CHF and SGD notes are both still readily available. Having moved 100K Euro in 500 Euro notes out of Saudi (neatly avoiding withholding taxes along the way) - I can say that big denomination notes do come in handy at times.
The government has nothing to say about it the Federal Reserve a private Bank controls that
Perhaps in Pixie Land that is true but in reality if a private bank fucks with the stability of the USD - they'll soon find themselves under government direction like it or not.
the banks own the government, the US government are trillions of dollars in debt to the banks, why would the banks become under government direction? lol
Want to own a bank? You don't do it through deposits - you do it through borrowing. Borrow a few grand and the bank owns you; borrow billions and you own the bank. It's always been that way. No matter the infantile arguments of conspiracy theorists...
the thing with banks is that you are borrowing money that doesnt exist, they are just numbers on a computer screen, that is why the banks own you, they make money through interest, there is always only one winner
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic