Where to find English books and magazines?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Angkorman
Tourist

Where to find English books and magazines?

Post by Angkorman »

Where do you buy books and magazines in PP? I have tried the IBC and Peace bookstores but they don't have a good selection of books and no magazines at all.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Where to find English books and magazines?

Post by General Mackevili »

Monument Books. Bring 2 wallets.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Angkorman wrote:Where do you buy books and magazines in PP? I have tried the IBC and Peace bookstores but they don't have a good selection of books and no magazines at all.
There's a good bookshop( new and second-hand) just off riverside. Not far from 172. Head down Sisowath toward FCC then in front of museum, palace etc where the road forks, take the road to the right - Sothearos. Bookshop is just on the lefthand side. Sorry I don't know what it's called and my directions are a bit vague, but its been a while since I went there. That's where I used to find my fix for books in PP, so hope its still open.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's called Bohr's Books.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Angkorman
Tourist

Post by Angkorman »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Angkorman wrote:Where do you buy books and magazines in PP? I have tried the IBC and Peace bookstores but they don't have a good selection of books and no magazines at all.
There's a good bookshop( new and second-hand) just off riverside. Not far from 172. Head down Sisowath toward FCC then in front of museum, palace etc where the road forks, take the road to the right - Sothearos. Bookshop is just on the lefthand side. Sorry I don't know what it's called and my directions are a bit vague, but its been a while since I went there. That's where I used to find my fix for books in PP, so hope its still open.
Awesome. Do you recall if they have magazines too? Thanks!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They don't sell magazines. The only place I know of that sells new western magazines is Monument.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Angkorman wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Awesome. Do you recall if they have magazines too? Thanks!
21st century - get your magazines online. They're so quickly out-of-date.
(Books are different.) ;)
John Bingham wrote:It's called Bohr's Books.
That's it. Isn't (wasn't ) there another bookshop on that end of 172 as well ? I don't spend much time in PP these days.Could be gone.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Monument is very good but as others have alluded to - it's pretty damned expensive too (particularly for magazines). Bohr's has a great stock of well photocopied texts on South East Asia and a pretty diverse second hand section too. You can find them on 172 and 19 as well (just next to Wat Onalom). There's also D's (fairly expensive photocopies but possibly a better second hand section) and they're on 178 as well as in another location just off Norodom (can't remember which street).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bohr's on 172 shut down a while back.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bohrs is no longer on 172, been gone for months, apparently on the other side of Wat Ounalom now. Haven't located their new premises yet, anyone know?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic