Thai Beauty Chains Look to Expand to Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thai Beauty Chains Look to Expand to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thai beauty clinic chains are interested in expanding into other Southeast Asian markets to cash in on huge purchasing power after the Asean Economic Community (AEC) kicks off late this year.

Sectors including infrastructure, logistics and hotels are investing to be ready for the AEC, while increasing tourist arrivals will bring more middle-class people to the region.

More beauty clinics are expanding their business in Asean, particularly in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar.

Thai chains planning Asean expansion include Meko Clinic, Biocos Group, BB Clinic and Wuttisak Clinic.

Biocos Group is owned by former actress Sirium Pukdeedumrongrit, while BB Clinic is run by a daughter of former finance permanent secretary Somjainuek Engtrakul.

Wuttisak Clinic will open more clinics in Asean members after having a presence in the region for several years.

An executive at Beautiplex Co, operator of Meko Clinic, said the company was negotiating with businessmen in Cambodia to open a clinic worth 50 million baht there.

The potential Cambodian partner operates a food business.

Competition in Cambodia is not intense, as it has few beauty clinics.

About 40% of Meko customers in Bangkok are foreigners from the US, Australia, Singapore and the Middle East.

Of the foreign customers, 10% are Cambodians with high spending power, the executive said.

Beautiplex is also interested in opening beauty clinics in Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.

...Continued...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... asean-face
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Thai Beauty Chains Look to Expand to Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

There are "beauty clinics" everywhere you look in Cambodia - they call them hairdresser salons. The ones I like best are in the markets - lots of painted nails and false hair pieces - it's all out in the open so quite a show to watch. And cheap as, only 2 bucks for a pedicure.

But OT, yeah, I'd say there is probably a market for tourists with money, who want a more refined environment for having their eyebrows plucked in private or whatever, and are a bit squeamish about the rats and general hygiene :?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Thai Beauty Chains Look to Expand to Cambodia

Post by willyhilly »

Wuttisak opened on Sihanouk near the Dept of Environment about three years ago with a troupe of Thai models on show. I dont think that I have ever seen a customer there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic