Photo Equipment Thief in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Photo Equipment Thief in Sihanoukville

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As I posted on 440...

"I don’t get why he shared a room with another dude he knew next to nothing about...unless it was a random gay hook up or a dorm room...but I doubt someone with $10k worth of camera equipment would be staying in a dorm room."

Has anyone here ever shared a room with a complete stranger that you met in a bar and know nothing about (excluding random hook-ups of course)? I certainly haven't.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:As I posted on 440...

"I don’t get why he shared a room with another dude he knew next to nothing about...unless it was a random gay hook up or a dorm room...but I doubt someone with $10k worth of camera equipment would be staying in a dorm room."

Has anyone here ever shared a room with a complete stranger that you met in a bar and know nothing about (excluding random hook-ups of course)? I certainly haven't.
South East Asia especially ,
I let one homeless scandanavian dude sleep in my room once and I woke up and he was rummaging through my things, best not deal with bums who need a room in the first place.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

bkktrapper wrote:

South East Asia especially ,
I let one homeless scandanavian dude sleep in my room once and I woke up and he was rummaging through my things, best not deal with bums who need a room in the first place.

i wouldn't help this euro trash get his camera back anyway , They look like partners in crime or a couple who belong in queen hotel in SR.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

He says he met the guy on the bus and they went looking for rooms and everything was booked and all they could find was one room.

Not implausible, since it's Chinese New Year weekend.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Cam Nivag wrote:

He says he met the guy on the bus and they went looking for rooms and everything was booked and all they could find was one room.

Otres crew will let you sleep on there floor of you need , hell if the feminists even stop being Lesbos for a night you might meet a women who actually like men.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Photo Equipment Thief in Sihanoukville

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Your total limit for possessions is up to the amount shown and is split into categories within that amount. The inner limits for specific items are listed, any items which do not fall within this category are not covered:

Cover Available up to £1000

Clothes and footwear £1000
Cosmetics and toiletries £100
Luggage £250
Jewellery and watches Not Covered
Electrical items £200
Electronic accessories £150
Eyewear £100

 You accept your policy is not new-for-old cover and a deduction will be taken off for wear and tear. Details can be found at: http://www.tif-plc.co.uk/wear&tear
 You have proof of purchase/ownership for items over the value of £50.
 You are not claiming for duty free items.
 Your bag/contents were not stolen from a beach or lido.
 Your electrical items, jewelry or watches were not left unattended.
 You are not claiming for the loss of or damage to a mobile phone, accessories or calls.
 You are not claiming for the loss of or damage or damage to a gadget.
 You are not claiming for contact/corneal lenses.

Your Contribution £250
Damn, they don't cover things stolen on the beach, don't cover your mobile phone, your electrical items, watch and jewelry are covered ONLY if you're wearing them and get robbed, and if you make a claim for anything other than clothes or footwear you've paid more got the insurance than what they'll cover.

And what the fuck is a "lido"?

Am I reading that correctly? The policy costs you £250 and will only pay out a maximum of £1000 total? And how long is this policy valid for?
Cam Nivag wrote:

If I had to guess, all the $5 rooms cost $20 during the Chinese New Year and these brokeback mountaineers weren't willing to dish out. Probably didn't help that every Tuk-Tuk in town tells you every place is "full, full" except the place they want to take you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Photo Equipment Thief in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Am I reading that correctly? The policy costs you £250 and will only pay out a maximum of £1000 total? And how long is this policy valid for?
the £250 is proabably the excess you have to pay, i dont know, i dont care, ive got nothing worth stealing, ive only paid for the stupid thing incase i die and my parents can get my body shipped back to the UK (even though id rather stay here, fuck the UK)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ah, so that's the deductible, but you haven't paid that much. I think I get it.

My family knows I'll haunt them if they try to pay the outrageous cost to ship my corpse back to the States.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:Ah, so that's the deductible, but you haven't paid that much. I think I get it.

My family knows I'll haunt them if they try to pay the outrageous cost to ship my corpse back to the States.
yeah the insurance cost me like £75-80 for 6months i think i cant remember, i only got it a few days before i left to shut my parents up yapping, i have to keep them sweet as i like crashing round there whenever i pop back haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic