21 reasons

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

21 reasons

Post by kennzo »

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
Cambod
Site Admin

Re: 21 reasons

Post by Cambod »

"5. Cheapest massage ever"

Ha! Getting a $4 massage right now as we speak.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

Don't forget to get a wax whilst your there.... Especially on the bikini line.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cambod wrote:

10,000riel over our way, haven't tried it yet.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
Cambod wrote:

10,000riel over our way, haven't tried it yet.
That's not a massage. That's the cupping, if the place isn't actually just a handjob shop (which also isn't just 10,000R). Many of the places you see with those signs are just fronts for a sex shop. Some are actually legit places to get the cupping/coining stuff done (which khmer consider a form of massage) and some will actually give you a regular massage but it costs more than 10,000R (bus is still super cheap). Sort of a crap shoot on which kind you'll get.

What part of town are you in? Steung Meanchey? If so I can direct you to a really nice oil massage.
Cambod
Site Admin

Post by Cambod »

OrangeDragon wrote: That's not a massage. That's the cupping, if the place isn't actually just a handjob shop...
Shhh, I wasn't going to tell him!

That said, I have found a few places that actually give you a legit massage at the 10,000 Riel places. Hit or miss.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:"5. Cheapest massage ever"

That's not a massage. That's the cupping, if the place isn't actually just a handjob shop (which also isn't just 10,000R). Many of the places you see with those signs are just fronts for a sex shop. Some are actually legit places to get the cupping/coining stuff done (which khmer consider a form of massage) and some will actually give you a regular massage but it costs more than 10,000R (bus is still super cheap). Sort of a crap shoot on which kind you'll get.

What part of town are you in? Steung Meanchey? If so I can direct you to a really nice oil massage.
I wondered. The missus and I usually look for a legit place together in a new town so I can relax getting a massage, and she can relax about me getting a massage. This seemed too cheap, I'm used to paying $4 for an oil massage in PP. I had cupping in China, supposedly good for diabetics but I'm still not convinced.

We're currently at a certain Australian's establishment near Sovanna markets.

(edits: cleaning up after autocorrect)
Last edited by StroppyChops on Wed May 07, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cambod wrote:Shhh, I wasn't going to tell him!
Bastard. :)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It's really a win/win. You just don't know what kind of smile you'll have walking out.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

OrangeDragon wrote:What part of town are you in? Steung Meanchey? If so I can direct you to a really nice oil massage.
OD, you got an oil change at TELA. There's a difference.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic