American Jason Richard Barnett Kills GBT Guesthouse Staff

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Angkorman
Tourist

Re: American Jason Richard Barnett Kills GBT Guesthouse Staff

Post by Angkorman »

John Bingham wrote:The press reported that trial a lot at the time and I think he got a heavy sentence (20 years?). What that actually means in reality is beyond my scope to explain.
I know for a fact the man in the OP did not get charged with murder, he saved his daughter from an attack and the prosecutor threw out the charge. So the 20 years must be another situation.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Angkorman wrote:
John Bingham wrote:The press reported that trial a lot at the time and I think he got a heavy sentence (20 years?). What that actually means in reality is beyond my scope to explain.
I know for a fact the man in the OP did not get charged with murder, he saved his daughter from an attack and the prosecutor threw out the charge. So the 20 years must be another situation.
so my mate deffo got the stories muddled up then, so he was actually on about the GBT guy who got let off on the murder charge, it was the murder case (of the woman and child as that was the GST case) that he got wrong, all makes sense now cheers, that was a bit confusing for a while
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Angkorman
Tourist

Post by Angkorman »

Alimony I guess might be different but I believe in the US divorce can be petitioned without both parties present by filing abandonment. Unless someone just wants to get information on where they are? But clearly this bloke has a new fiancé and daughter (according to reports anyway) so I would think it would be time to move on. LOL but to each his own!!! If I were them I would be on the next flight back or at least out of this country.
Rexndivagirl
Tourist

Post by Rexndivagirl »

I'm terrified for Jason's new girlfriend. I am his current legal wife. He is a master manipulator and brainwashed. He prayed on her while she was most vulnerable after losing the father of her child a year prior. Jason convinced her and her daughter to move to Cambodia and live off the little girls Social security check. The way is is manipulating this relationship with Natasha is a mirror image of how me tricked. He moves you away from comfort zone and then he lowers your self esteem
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: American Jason Richard Barnett Kills GBT Guesthouse Staff

Post by General Mackevili »

Rexndivagirl wrote:I'm terrified for Jason's new girlfriend. I am his current legal wife. He is a master manipulator and brainwashed. He prayed on her while she was most vulnerable after losing the father of her child a year prior. Jason convinced her and her daughter to move to Cambodia and live off the little girls Social security check. The way is is manipulating this relationship with Natasha is a mirror image of how me tricked. He moves you away from comfort zone and then he lowers your self esteem
Are you suggesting he's not the hero he thinks he is for killing a pedophile?

You haven't said it, but presumably you want a divorce? Fair enough.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rexndivagirl
Tourist

Post by Rexndivagirl »

He is no hero. He never should have put either of them in that situation. I'm glad he protected her of course. But now he is making Natasha feel obligated to stay with him. Jason was always in drunk fights.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Far out. It never ceases to amaze me how so many ostensibly sensible women I've known have ended up with guys who are obviously complete fucking dicks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Rexndivagirl wrote: Jason convinced her and her daughter to move to Cambodia and live off the little girls Social security check.
Why did he want to move to Cambodia?
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

John Bingham wrote:Far out. It never ceases to amaze me how so many ostensibly sensible women I've known have ended up with guys who are obviously complete fucking dicks.
It's a self-esteem issue in part and the rest comes from shopping for partners based on looks rather than ability to be a decent human being. This is also true in reverse when it comes to men - which is why so many end up in Asia living with a drug-riddled prostitute who can't speak their language; all the while pretending this is a normal state of affairs...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Angkorman
Tourist

Post by Angkorman »

From what I heard from my friend, who knew the girlfriend of the man in the OP, they are good people. Nothing like the narcissists you described. This is my opinion, take from it what you will. It sounds like you just don't like your ex finding someone else. Why else would you care so much? If you were really, as you say, of the caring sort, you wouldn't be bashing these people on the internet. Whether they deserve it or not, there's a child involved. Have some respect for yourself! Go get your divorce and move on. Stop playing the victim if clearly this has nothing to do with you at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic